Chapter 10 Me and You Until the End

"Yo, can you please, like, shut off the goddamn lights?" Justin called from the couch.

Britney looked over to see him slowly waking up, blinking and shielding his eyes from the sun. He'd been out cold for a full 6 hours, and he was probably even more hungover than before.

Britney sighed and went over to shut the shades. Justin stopped blinking and finally seemed to relax a little, closing his eyes again.

"Thanks, mom."

"...What?"

Justin's eyes shot open and he stared at Britney in shock. "Britney?! H-how did you... what did you...Why the Hell are you in my house?!" He exclaimed loudly.

"You don't remember?" Britney asked.

"Remember what?"

"What happened last night."

"...Shit," Justin said, a look of horror on his face. "Shit. We slept together didn't we? Oh God, this is juuust great. This is fucking fantastic. As if this whole situation wasn't complicated enough-"

"Justin, calm down. We didn't have sex," Britney said.

"...We didn't?" Justin asked. "Okay, so, why are you in my house, then? You here to torture me or something? You gonna burn my house down? Maybe blow Wade right in front of me and make me watch?"

"Very funny, asshole," Britney said, resisting the urge to hit him again.

Justin suddenly rubbed at his jaw. "Jesus Christ, my face hurts," he said. "Must've gotten really crazy at the party last night. Wonder if I got into a bar fight, that'd be the shit."

"Wow. Just...wow. You really shouldn't drink so much, Justin," Britney said. "I'm almost impressed by how little you think when you're drunk. It's pretty amazing, actually-"

Britney stopped talking as she heard Justin groan and she looked over to see him scowling and rubbing his forehead.

"Man, I got really bombed last night, didn't I?" Justin asked.

Britney just nodded.

"Mind telling me what happened so I know what to expect from the tabloids tomorrow?"

Britney wanted to say something nasty back, ignore him at the very least. But he said it so hopelessly that she almost felt sorry for him.

Britney sighed. "Okay, so I don't know all of the details 'cause you were already drunk by the time I got to your house. Uh...we got in a fight, I punched you, and then you passed out. So I somehow managed to drag your big ass back onto the couch and had to wait here and listen to your donkey snoring all night. There, are you happy? That's all I know."

Britney expected Justin to be embarrassed, but he just started laughing hysterically by himself, almost falling over. Britney just gave him a dirty look.

"What's so funny?" Britney asked, obviously annoyed.

"You- you're saying you beat me up?" Justin asked, still giggling. "Oh man, that is priceless!"

"Laugh all you want Justin," Britney said. "But I did punch you. I punched you hard enough that you passed out right afterwards. What does that tell you?"

"Uh...that I obviously just passed out 'cause I was drunk?" Justin said.

"Alright then, whateeeeeever you say," Britney said, smirking.

"Hey, don't look at me like that. I ain't no pussy."

"Right. Because your choice of excuses for passing out last night are getting beat up by a girl OR not being able to hold your liquor. Super manly either way, Justin."