°~° Introductions°~°

A penetrating ringing noise entered my ears, and upon forcing my eyes open, a blinding light shone into them. I slammed my hand on the alarm clock when the noises started annoying me and stood up. I look at my bedsheets which I had wrecked the night before because of the endless moving while I sleep. I scoffed before bending over and making my bed accordingly. I was about to get dorms in school and was not leaving my bed this messy for my poor parents to handle - given they were even at home. I went to the bathroom and got ready. Then I grabbed my bag and walked out the front door.

This school uniform doesn't adorn my curves at all...! But I suppose it looks half decent. My inner monologue started rating my choice of clothing critically.

I wasn't even sure why this school of all schools chose to accept her at all. I had also tried applying to Eagle Academy, which is the top magician school in the country. But I guess place two will suffice. But I was a little offended that Heart Academy, rank 3, also rejected me. That wasn't one of my proudest moments if I was honest. Well, onto the actual event of the day: The first day at Hillside Academy.

I gulped as I arrived in front of the school gates. Everyone was wearing the same, black uniform and some people seemed to know each other already. I didn't expect anyone there to know me, so I was startled when I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Ashlyn?" The voice behind me started to speak, and I turned around. "Is it you?"

The person asked for confirmation that it was me.

But opposite to my expectations, this was not a friendly encounter. I could be sure of that. Jessica Green. I know this girl since I was in middle school. And we were not exactly on friendly terms.

"It is you! The demon child from middle school, how ironic." She said as she looked at me in a ridiculing manner and chuckled. "What are you even doing here? Don't tell me your parents forcefully enrolled you here so you wouldn't be humiliating compared to your sister?"

I sighed as I silently kept my anger to myself. My sister was Alex Jenkins. She is known to be one of the most talented people in the country and was accepted into Eagle Academy last year. There is a small portion of people who even know who I am.

Since my parents decided to hide me. Just so I wouldn't destroy my sister's ego or career. Our parents should have supported me like her. I am so much stronger. Born with two abilities. And one being hidden inside me since birth. She was nothing compared to me, and my parents know. They always have

"Well, let's see how long you survive In this school and if you make any friends." She offered me a fake smile and then went on her way to the school's front entrance, where two guards were letting the students into the building. She got in line, and so did I, right behind her. I watched the one get shorter in front of me as the students were slowly let in.

"Name, Student-ID and Rank, please." The guard at the entrance asked Jessica as she was in front of the queue. She hesitated for a second and then shot out her data in a sickeningly proud tone of voice.

"Jessica Green, 1114067, Rank: dangerous" The guard looked at his list and flipped the pages for a few seconds before stopping in his tracks. His eyebrows rose as he seemingly found her on the list. He then got out of the way and let her in but immediately placed himself in my way after that.

"Ashlyn Jenkins, 6661004, Rank: deadly." I shot out before he could even ask the question. "Ah." He seemed to be familiar with some part of my data, and let me in without taking a glance at his notes. I wasn't sure if I was to be glad I had been recognized or prepared to be scolded for a reason I wasn't yet familiar with. Yet, I shrugged it off and entered the classroom I was assigned to. A lot of students were already seated, and the teacher stood in front, reading his notebook. He looked at me for a second but then looked back down

"Seat 7." He coldly said. Not even looking me in the eyes properly. It's not like I expected the teachers here to be social butterflies, so I didn't mind his behaviour and just quickly sat down, earning a few glances and glares from my classmates. There was so much tension, as expected. If I had taken out a pair of scissors and cut the air, I would've been able to cut the tension too. I saw the expressions on their faces and realised something important.

Everybody in here is surely very strong and very confident in their abilities. None of them is here just for fun., I can see that. Here should probably be a handful of people that are ranked as 'dangerous'. And maybe even one or two deadly-ranked people, like me. I then took a good look at the teacher. He then simply raised his head and laid his notebook on the desk.

"Since everyone has arrived now, we will be starting." He started speaking after I had comfortably gotten into my seat. "You probably all know that the first days at this school will be one the hardest. Since we include a ranking on the first day, and there are already missions waiting for you this week." He spoke and looked at all the students in the room. He was probably scanning us for reactions to his statement, but nobody reacted at all.

"Ah, wonderful. I like this class already." He said with a faint smile and took out some paper sheets. "Here's the plan for the first day of this school year." He then handed each of us one sheet of paper. Thus, I lowered my head and began reading:

First day:

1st Period: Getting to know each other ( without abilities)

2nd Period: Rankings

3rd Period: Rankings

4th Period: Rankings

5th Period: Extreme P.E. / testing your physic abilities and limits.

6th Period: Moving into the dorms.

I raised my head again, and it seemed like a few people were still reading. One of the girls, who was sitting in the corner, had a quite frightened look on her face. But it seems like I wasn't the only one who noticed as I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and heard the teacher's voice speak to her.

"You. There in the corner. What's your name?" He asked her coldly and seemingly started into her soul before she quickly answered.

The brunette started trembling and soon shot out her name. "Sophia...! My name is Sophia..."

"Sophia. Why do you look like someone is about to stab you?" He asked in a slightly joking tone and looked at the girl. "I wasn't the only one that noticed some of your classmates did too." The teacher explained as he looked at me quickly and continued. "I don't want you to ruin this lovely atmosphere in my classroom." He said with a slightly sadistic grin, and some chuckles could be heard, but they went silent when the teacher went back up to the board.

"So, let's all introduce ourselves. Tell me your names, rank and... favourite colour, for a start." He said as he crossed his arms slightly. I was very sure he didn't care about that last part very much but was trying to be as professional as possible. "Sophia begins, and then the others follow through"

"I'm Sophia Boston, my favourite colour is pink, and I am a C, so I am ranked a rookie magician."

"I'm Jakob Etrich, my favourite colour is indigo blue, and I'm B-ranked, so an elite."The boy with the deep voice and blonde hair said.

"Luke Ashton, favourite colour is red and ranked A so a dangerous."

"Aaron Gates, orange, S or deadly." The other boy just said quickly, and then it was my turn.

"Ashlyn Jenkins. My favourite colour is black, and I'm a deadly Ranked or S-ranked, too." I said and scratched my neck lightly.

"Yeah, right, she's probably just trying to look cool in front of the three boys beside her." The girl in front of me, Daisy, said as she turned around to look at me.

"Girl, I could probably blow your confidence away like a feather in a hurricane- What makes you so confident, you're not even A-ranked. You'd only ever be S-ranked, like me, if the rankings were based on being fake and having more plastic in your face and body than in your barbie collection." I nonchalantly said and heard the whole class, including the teacher, laugh uncontrollably.

She simply froze and was unable to even say a single word to what I just uttered. So I sat back down with no care in the world. Yet, I felt the teacher's stare burn into my head and lifted it to look at him. The man gave me a cheeky thumbs up and smiled mischievously. After everyone was done introducing themselves, we got up and went to the second period, in which the rankings would start taking place.