~Chapter Thirteen~

(I DIDN'T EDIT THIS PLS LEAVE CRITICAL COMMENTS POLITELY)
3rd POV

"Hello?" Natsu's phone crackled.

"Hello, yes. Who is this?" Natsu asked in response, holding the phone to his ear. Lucy sat up and placed her hand on Natsu's shoulder.

"Who is it~?" She whispered to him. Natsu turned away and continued his conversation.

"Is Lucy nearby? Can I speak with her?" The warm, feminine voice spoke.

"What do you need with her?" He asked, turning to Lucy who tilted her head.

"I simply wish to ask her a few questions. Nothing mo-"
"Layla! Who are you speaking with? I told you we can't yet! Jus-" the familiar voice of Akihiro Adagaki spoke. The phone cut out and the two were left in silence.

"So who was it?" Lucy asked, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. Natsu paused. The name "Layla" repeated over and over in his head like a broken record player. He let out a shaky sigh and stood up, wrapping his boxing bandages around his knuckles for the second time. Lucy stood up after him and held his arm. "What? What's wrong??" She asked hurriedly. Natsu sucked in a breath and ignored her, leaving his room and shutting the door. Lucy fell back onto his bed and lightly placed her fingers on her lips. "Who was it...?" She asked again. This time to herself.

~
BAM
BAM

Natsu planted large fists against the beanbag that hung from his ceiling.

Dammit.

He thought. His knuckles continued slamming into the punching bag. He began breathing heavily and furrowed his eyebrows.

.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I wasn't trying to play you!"

"How do you expect me to trust you!? For all know you could be lying right now as well."

"I promise you I'm not! I swear! On my heart! I really like you. And I really want to be with you. And I really was only too afraid to say so! Nothing more!"
.
"Layla! Who are you speaking with? I told you we can't yet! Jus-"
.

He punched harder, growing more frustrated by the second. Finally, the thick material of the bag was punctured. Sand spilled out onto the the floor. Natsu's breaths came out in low growls
"Why am I so stuck up on that stupid fight?" He scolded himself. He lifted his arm and his eyes immediately darted farther open. Black lines and marks coated his skin, his entire arm was covered in a pattern of deep black.
"What..." he breathed. "The fuck?" He blinked to see if he was dreaming, and was disappointed when he found he wasn't. Without hesitating, he wrapped his arm in bandage and exited his gym quickly. He leaned his back against the door for a few seconds and took a second to try and process what was happening.

~

"You need to go. Now." He told the blonde. Lucy raised and eyebrow and stared at him pacing the room.

"Well what happened!?" Lucy asked him in genuine confusion.

"Lucy." He grabbed her shoulders and pulled her outside of his room. "I'm sorry, I can't walk you home. I have something important to think about right now. But I'll definitely see you tomorrow." He told her in a hurry. He walked her down the stairs and watched impatiently as she put on her shoes. Lucy paused and looked up at him, her hair flipped behind her.

"I can tell you're in a hurry for some reason. I trust you, I'll leave quickly so that you can figure it out. Thank you for having me, I'll see you tomorrow." She replied, giving him a hug and quickly moving outside.