chapter : 01 (introduction)

Alice Downey had always been a matter of public interest. From the moment she was born her entire life has been written about, photographed and put on the front of articles in magazines and newspapers.

Growing up with iron man as a dad wasn't exactly the incredible life everyone imagines it to be. She felt the pressures of the media from a very young age. Always having to meet their standards. She couldn't leave the house without being photographed, always having to look your best got very tiring.

Alice had struggled with anxiety and depression for most of her young adult life. She was loved by her family, of course, but all of the online hate could make her feel extremely self-conscious and alone.

Her Father was always very protective of Alice. He hated her even leaving the house never mind going to parties, dating, or even attending a public school.

Alice hated his overprotective attitude, but she knew he was only trying to keep her safe.
She had a small group of very close friends; Lila, Rory and Ben. They had been best friends since they were babies.

They had all grown up on the same street. They spent their childhood going to each others houses everyday for play dates and sleepovers.
As they got older they all began persuing their own careers but still kept in touch everyday.

Alice was pursuing a career in music. She grew up in a house always full of music. Listening to everything from Nina Simone and Nat King Cole to AC/DC and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
She released her first album at 17 and had been in a cycle of  writing, recording and touring since.

Her best friend Lila was pursuing a modelling career. Rory was following a career in musical theatre and Ben ,like Alice, was pursuing music. He was the lead guitarist in Alice's band.

Alice grew up on film sets however as her father had spent a great part of his recent career doing marvel movies she had grown close with the cast and crew there. She liked to consider some of them family at this point.

She would often tag along to help out at auditions for new roles and to set.

It was there ,at the auditions for the new Spider-Man, she met the best and worst thing to ever happen to her.