chapter: 25

Tom leaves for his press tour tomorrow. He's flying out to New York at 4am and I won't see him again until the week of London press at the end of March. It's gonna be impossible. I don't know what I'll do without him. I've been working on my music a lot, writing and recording some new singles. I might play a few gigs, maybe release some new stuff. When Tom gets back we're gonna fly out together to LA for the premiere. It's gonna be our first official public outing together. I'm super nervous but excited at the same time.

Tonight Tom's taking me out for dinner at my favourite restaurant and we're gonna spend our last night together. I'm gonna miss him so much. He said we'll face time every night he can and he'll call and text all the time. It's not the same though. I'm gonna miss his warm hugs, his gentle kisses, our movie nights and cuddles. I love him so much.

It's 4pm and Tom is at his parents for lunch. They're having their last family time before he leaves so I figured I should just leave them to it. Tom wanted me to come but I really didn't want to impose. I'm currently re-packing Tom's suitcase. He tried to pack last night but. as much as I love him, he can't pack for the life of him. I pull out the messily folded stacks of shirts, pants etc and begin folding them neatly. Once I'm finished I grab a bright orange sticky note. I write him a cute note telling him how much I'll miss him and love him. I feel a few stray tears slip down my cheek. I quickly brush them away. Even the thought of Tom leaving has me in tears.

"Hey Al I'm home!" I hear Tom call as he shuts the front door loudly. "Ali, where are you?"
"In here baby."
Tom comes to join me in the bedroom. As soon as he opens the door he can see somethings wrong. I'm lying on our bed, wrapped tightly in the comforter. I bury my head in the pillows as he approaches, not wanting him to see my puffy eyes and blotchy face.
"Heyyy love what's wrong?"
"Nothing." I mumble through the pillow. It comes out as a muffled grumble.
Tom lays down next to me and wraps his arms around my back. He nuzzled his head into my neck.
"Is it me leaving?"
I huff and turn to face him. As soon as I see his perfect, adorable face I burst into tears again.
"Aww Ali nooo, hey look at me, it's gonna be okay."
He cups my cheek and kisses my forehead.
"I'm gonna miss you so much." I manage to get out.
"I'm gonna miss you more."
"Not possible."
"I'm gonna miss you sooooo much you can't even comprehend."
"Why do you have to go!" I pout.
"Unfortunately it's part of my job. I'll be back before you know it, okay darling?"
"Okay."
"Hey! We have a date to get ready for!"
"Oh yeah!" I smile and give him a gentle kiss before getting up to shower.

After showering I change into an emerald green evening gown.

I curl my hair and leave it loose over my shoulders

I curl my hair and leave it loose over my shoulders. I do my make up and put on a pair of silver heels.
"You look.... God I can't even think of a word. You look amazing darling." Tom says when I come out of the bathroom. He wearing a suit and looks hotter than ever. His hair is styled to the side but there are a few stray curls sticking out.
"You don't look too bad yourself." I say taking his hand and pulling him to me. He wraps his arms around my waist and tilts my head up to face him.
"I love you Ali."
"I love you too" I whisper as he leans in closer and closer. His hands cup my cheeks before finally joining our lips.
Electricity spreads through me. My fingers tingle as I run them through his soft brown locks, releasing more curls.
"We have to go." I breathe into his lips.
"Mhmm." Tom hums in response, his lips not leaving mine and sending low vibrations through my body.
"Tom.... we're gonna be late."
One of his hands grips my thigh and pulls me even closer to him.
"Tommmm. Please....."
Tom doesn't stop he continues to kiss me, his tongue dances with mine.
I pull away from him, "Okay we're really gonna be late now. We can finish this later, I promise."
"Promise?"
"Promise."
"Fine. But remember, you promised!"
With that he grabs my hand and we rush out the door.

We have to be accompanied by my security guard to and from the restaurant. He wanted to come inside but I convinced him Tom could protect me if anyone tried anything. Dinner is lovely, Tom talks about the press tour. He's super excited about all the new countries he'll get to visit and how he's going on a private jet. When we're finished we decide to take a stroll by the river.

We're walking in a comfortable silence. Tom's arm is around my waist and I lean into him to stay warm.
"I'm gonna miss this so much." Tom whispers.
"Me too."