Forced Smile

Pairing : Steve (onesided) x Reader X Bucky 

His summer-sky blue eyes noticed the notable change in her (e/c) colored ones. He watched as they melted down and glossed, irises bouncing at the sight before her, completely taken over by a flickering affection now growing inside her heart. Across from her the steel-eyed man was also stuck looking distant, caught in between reality and space as he grasped her hand, barely managing to hold it within his own.

It was a moment that seemed eternal, almost slowed down in a sense, not just for woman and metal armed man, but also the first avenger.

Right on the side, Steve saw it all and his heart clenched at the idea...
just the mere thought...

'Had it only been my imagination?' He thought shakily, feeling his insides twist with unease. It suddenly felt like he was watching a screenplay, being a complete outsider to the interaction just inches away from him, and that was just it...
She was just an arm's length away, and yet, it felt like there were hundreds of acres put between them.

Bucky said something, and whatever it was it was enough to make her snort, drawing a chuckle to produce from him. With that little action alone, Steve Rogers knew that he'd lost her. He never thought that seeing that beautiful smile grow on her face, or that shining twinkle in her eye would cause him pain, but it did.
Forcing a smile, he joined them in their laughter as it was all he could now... simply watch the sidelines.

She was in love, and not with him, but with his best friend.