Prologue.

Anika tapping the table in anxiety looking forward to his entry. Her eyes constantly gazing at the door. And she's checking the time every two seconds. He was the perfect definition of punctuality and Now Mr Perfect is late, That too, When he going to be a free man after the exact Thirty minutes, Thousand eight hundred seconds. Her mind automatically started to count when he thundered inside and took a seat beside her. 

"Sorry for the late." - He muttered. 

She couldn't process his words, He was saying sorry to her for the first time, That too, Arriving late to the domestic court for a divorce. She smiled at her fate, Automatically it looked like a lopsided smile for the judge who was glancing both for a while. 

"It's Okay, You're just 5 mins late." - Anika replied. 

He didn't expect that answer from her. His mind was fully occupied with all the questions regarding the legal mess created by her grandfather. He made him stay in his office and complete all the procedures regarding taking Arush's full custody. Their 7 months old son became the main feast in this battle. Shivaay never had any interest in any of his kids. Neither his 4 years old Naina nor 7 months old Arush. But for leading the business to the next generation, He needed his son. And that's the main reason for Satyajit Trivedi for proceeding all the legal formalities with him. He also wanted Arush, His only grandson to take care of his business in the future. It's not a fight between a mother and a father for their children. But a battle between a businessman to another businessman. 

"And again I am asking you both, Did you both want this divorce? Can't you guys reconcile for your kids?" - Judge asked them before proceeding legally. 

Anika took this decision thinking about her kids, At least one of them deserves a peaceful life. Naina was an accident, But Arush wasn't. It was Anika who planned for Arush to go through multiple fertility treatments to get conceive with Arush. Shivaay knew none of these. She knew Arush will have everything in his life as his father and as well as grandfather fighting with one another for him but Naina? Naina is her responsibility, And as a mom, She's doing everything for Naina. It's all for Naina only for Naina.

"No, Ma'am. We are sure." - Shivaay replied calmly, He looked so tired. 

"Yeah, Ma'am. We are sure." - Anika replied calmly having no regret or pain in her eyes. 

"And you guys already decided, Anika will have Naina's full custody and Mr Shivaay will have Arush's full custody." - Judge asked both, Both nodded yes to her. 

"And Anika are you sure with giving the full custody of Arush Singh Oberoi to Mr Shivaay Singh Oberoi." - Judge asked her. 

Anika gulped the lump in her throat. In a second, Her whole life in these 5 years, Glanced before her eyes, But when she imagined Naina's pleading eyes. She couldn't stop herself from giving her son's custody to shivaay. She consoled herself thinking there are lots of good people in the house, Om, Rudy to show him a good path and raising him better person neither like his dad. 

Those two seconds of silence didn't fail to terrify shivaay, He couldn't go back to his office and undo all the legal procedures. Even though he's not interested in Arush. He was a little bit scared of Anika's silence. 

"Yes, Ma'am. I am sure about giving my son's custody to his father." - Anika said finally thinking only about Naina. 

Her heart questioned her what will she say when he asks her in the future for not fighting for him and thinking only about his sister. But soon thinking about the circumstances naina gone through Tears crossed her eyes. And she convinced herself, That she will make him understand the situation over then, But whether she could see him after today was the huge question mark.