Chapter 18: Time to heal

Sometimes you just need time to heal And acceptance will reach you out soon. 

"So, Shall I cut the cake?" - Anika asked them while rubbing her palms against each other in excitement. The cake which she prepared, She wasn't surprised, Even though it was her happiest birthday ever. 

"Blow the candle." - He asked her, But she nodded no, Took and placed the candle aside. 

"Mom hates when I blow the candle on my birthday, She felt like blowing off the light in life."- Anika said. It was the new information from her as he didn't celebrate her birthday ever. Even he was out of the station when he got the opportunity to celebrate their daughter first birthday, It went in vain. 

"Happy birthday, Mumma" - Naina said and take a bite of the cake in her hand and kissed her cheek by leaning towards her. Shivaay was holding in her arms. His face was still dull. But Anika was so happy, It was her best birthday ever she celebrated in her entire life. She took another piece and fed him. He took another piece from the cake and fed it to her. She raised her eyebrows when it tasted too good. 

"It's nice!" - She exclaimed. He smiled at her. 

"Baby!"- Anika exclaimed to Arush who was clapping even after they stopped singing. She fed him a cake and he got excited even more. Shivaay made naina sit in the table and called anika, He held her two palms as soon as she turned towards him. 

"People usually grant wishes on their birthdays, But I am asking you for a wish, Can I ask?" - He asked, She could see the smile in the corner of his lips. 

"Yeah!" - She replied blankly immersed herself in his face. He still h that magic on her. 

"Will you..." - He started, Her eyes automatically widened. She couldn't process herself for the next words. 

"What?" - She whispered in shock. But he tightened the grip in her palms. 

"Will you go for a vacation with us?" - He finally asked, She got her breath back, She thought he will complete the sentence with the phrase Marry me. but that didn't happen. 

"Us?" - She asked in confusion. 

"Me, Ne-na and Arush." - He clarified. Anika wondered when did that happen, but when naina stared at him while scratching her head, She understood that her husband planned it a while ago. 

"Where?" - Anika asked. 

"I asked you 'yes' or 'no' question" - He asked her. 

"Yes, But Where?" - She finally said, He exhaled the breath and smiled to her when she says she will go with him. 

"I will say it in the way. Get ready now." - He said. 

"Get ready! It's one in the morning." - She asked him. 

"We are not late. But please get ready, We should reach that place on time."- He said and excused himself to take a call. But Anika got hopes, That he started to realize what he missed in these years. For the first time in her life, She's excited about the future. 

"We are staying for two days." - He said. 

"Two days. But shivaay, Naina still couldn't able to walk properly and Arush?" - Anika asked him.

"Everything is managed, Ani. It will be a very comfortable place. Moreover, My Ne-na can walk, She will be the person who will be enjoying a lot, I promise." - He said, And moved towards the door when it's knocked. He came up with the small bags and Shivaay arranged everyone's clothes in it. 

"Ni-na... Ready?" - He asked naina widening his hands, She moved towards him taking baby steps and he held her in his arms. 

"Sleepy?" - He asked her when she placed her head in his shoulder. She nodded yes while rubbing her eyes. Arush already dozed off in the bed. Shivaay placed Naina next to Arush and started to pack. Shivaay packed everyone's clothes, Including Anika. She dragged the bag from his hands when he was about to pick her inner garments.