22.1 | life and death are friends

V  H  R  E  A

"He likes you."

"He what's me?"

"Of course he likes you. I can tell by the way he is staring at you." Lyle said adding another wood to the bonfire.

"He is staring at me?" I asked and then swiveled around only to confirm that Gabriel was actually watching me and when our eyes met he gave me a flashy smile which I managed to awkwardly return back before he concentrated back on his grilling task.

"He is surely whipped for you girl." Husna added, unnecessarily.

"What are you guys talking about? Trust me we are just friends and he had never even taken advantage of any situation." I explained, suddenly trying to be defensive for no reason.

"Situations? Whoa!" Both my girl besties exclaimed loud enough that Kriag and Elsie gave us a concerning look from whatever they were busy doing, probably something related to mosquito repellent.

"Rus- Gabriel has been teaching me defensive acts using boxing from the past one month after that guy was stalking me. And you do know it gets physical, even to the point of being sexually touching but I never saw an attraction coming from his way. So, don't misunderstand."  Is this disappointment or irrelevant explanation?

A lot have happened in the past few days, from me coming to know that Gabriel was indeed Brown Sugar from Inside the ring thing, to a crazy reporter stalking me for getting Kriag's wellness about's.

Gabriel had to jump in and take matters into his hands and even had to threaten about some legal action but I have this inner gut feeling that Gabriel has showed some different power which immediately shut down the crazy journalist. Then Gabriel said it was important at least for Jules to know about the risk I am in, which I just laughed off out by threatening to expose his BS identity to my twin, as it is no news of how much big fan Jules was of Brown Sugar. And, only if the world knew that he himself is the legendary bullet.

"Husna, didn't you say in school there was some Robin who liked and was crazy for Vhrea? I guess she has some connection with stalkers." Acute asked for verifying whether his knowledge was true or not as he didn't study along with us in high school.

"Ah- that Robin is Emmet's brother and they are one hell of a sibling duo, always bullying someone weaker and yeah he was so obsessed with Vhrea back then but suddenly he patched up with Lyle." Husna explained as I watched Lyle's expression turning graver and she was even digging her nails forcefully into her palm.

Of course she didn't like to talk about Robin, after all he was her first love and heart break.

"Guys-" I was cut off from attempting to stop the vivid conversation.

"Ah! Too much drama then. I missed it. Wish we were in the same town. What happened next?" Acute asked out of curiosity.

"Long story short. Lyle and Robin were having the time of their life while suddenly Vhrea's living was becoming hell as she was obliged with unnecessary hate when someone photo shopped some nude pictures of her and made it viral then there was this science teacher, a handsome one I must add, they linked rumours of an illicit student teacher relationship and the list just goes on till they started proving her as a lesbian. She was always the subject of discussion to everyone for their own fun and let me tell you only because it was Vhrea she hung in!" Husna just explained my entire life history to Acute without even thinking twice, after a second she glanced apologetically at me, but the deed was done.

Not that I didn't want Acute to know about all this as we never really talked about life and deep shits but this was kind of awkward thinking about how broken and emotional I was those days.