Cincuenta y uno

Written: August 20th 2020
Published: September 14th 2020

"I wasn't a man i was an asshole
I always regret the past.
Things that i couldn't do well are painful"
-Lune & Harry june, DKB
Still

He slowly walked towards the bed he shared with Yuna. She was peacefully laying there.

He carefully went under the covers.

"Where were you?" She softly asked and truned around to face him.

He put his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to his body. She put her head on his chest and listened to the sound of his heartbeat.

After all the stress and the traumatizing events Chan's hugs felt even better. They were warm and felt like a save place. And for Chan holding Yuna was like holding his world in his arms.

Finally they both could be together again.

"Couldn't sleep. I just grabbed some water," Chan said while he caressed her back.

Silence filled the room again. The only thing that could be heard were the sounds of Chan's steady heartbeat and the rain that dropped against the windows.

"Do you remember the evening after I went out into the storm, when you found me outside and brought me to my room?" Chan asked quietly.

"How could I forget that? I was worried sick about you," Yuna said.

Memories of Chan collapsing in the pouring rain floated back into her mind.

"Yes... sorry I acted careless. But... the song you sang... is it yours?" Chan asked her.

Yuna hesitated before answering.
"Yes"

"Can you sing it again please? For me?" Chan asked.

Yuna just starred into the darkness of the room. She thought Chan was asleep at the time she sang it for him.

"Okay," she softly whispered.

"I don't want to admit it,
I still miss you.
How could I forget,
We promised.
I don't want to admit it,
It's hard to understand.
How could I forget
The day you lied to me?
Please don't go anywhere, stay by my side
Even if I say this, it's too late.
The you I've pictured, even in my dreams, have already changed, well.
Who knows maybe you can come back.
What's the use of saying this, this happened the last time too.
From how I see it, it's already done for.
The one who made this collapse is you, yeah.
I'll be honest, I want to give up but I don't know I can't give up on you. 
I will wait a little longer, I've been doing it till now, woah.
I don't want to admit it,
I still miss you.
How could I forget,
We promised.
I don't want to admit it,
It's hard to understand.
How could I forget,
The day you lied to me."

Hot tears streamed down her cheeks when she finished the song. The song had such a strong meaning to her. She originally wrote it for Chan after his "death". But now that she realized that she also had lost her parents, Jeongin and Hyunjin, it made her even more emotional.

"The song is beautiful, just like your voice and you," Chan whispered. He got a little bit up and laid Yuna on her back. He was laying on his side right next to her and wiped away her tears.

"Don't cry baby," he whispered and left a kiss on her forehead.

"Will you promise me that you will never leave me again?" Yuna asked.

"I'll try." He connected their lips into a sweet and passionate kiss. His hand found it's way to her waist and lightly grabbed it and pulled her closer. Not too strong that it would hurt her. But enough to create the feeling of safety and a signal of him being right next to her. That they were together again and nothing could seperate them anymore. He made sure to let her know he was hers again and she was his.

They pulled away and looked each other deep into their eyes.

It was a sight they have missed for so long. And a view they would never get enough from or forget.

They both connected their foreheads and their noses were touching.

"I know our past wasn't the best. But i am ready to make the most beautiful memories together with you," Chan said.

"Me too," Yuna smiled widely at him.

"You know when i first saw you entering the base after 2 years of being seperated i thought your smile is just as beautiful as i remember it. But i was wrong. It's even more beautiful," Chan whispered.

"And you're the reason behind my smile," Yuna said and kissed his nose. "I am so happy to have you again, Chan," she whispered.

He slowly got down and placed his soft lips on hers.

"I am all yours now," Chan said between the kiss.

"Then make me yours again Chan," Yuna whispered.

Chan looked her deeply into her eyes. He found so much love and desire in them that he didn't hesitate to smash his lips against hers again and deepened the kiss.

And they both did what connected them. Love.

845 words

Go check out my new book "Welcome to the panic room" it's minsung✌✌