Cuarenta

Written: June 4th 2020
Published: July 31st 2020

"Sweet Lullaby"
-Youngjae, GOT7
Lullaby

The camera was on night mode so everything that was filmed was in a green filter. 

Not only because of that the video was different. Also because it was the only one that had sounds.

The floor was being filmed and Hyunjin could see a pair of feet that was walking in an unsteady rhythm. They moved improperly just like someone who was drunk. 

Suddenly they stopped. He could hear sounds of heavy and uneven breathing. 

The camera was slowly brought up and the room was being filmed. It was Hyunjin's. The room he was currently sitting in. 

The camera stopped at one point. The zoom was used and then Hyunjin could see it. 

It was Jeongin who was being recorded. 

He just sat there with his knees pulled to his chest, leaning close against the wall behind him and stared right into the camera. 

The camera was moved away from him again to the floor. There was a box laying on the ground only a few centimeters away. 

Someone bent down and a hand appeared which pressed a button on top of it. 

The box suddenly opened. 
A small figure came out and started to spin slowly.

Hyunjin immediately recognized it even before the melody started to play. 

It was a small music box with a ballerina on top of it. She started spinning and the melody of 'twinkle twinkle little stars' started playing. 

It was Jeongin's music box. Everyone always asked him where he had it from but Jeongin kept silent. Not even Hyunjin who knew him the longest knew from where he got it and why he still kept it.

Jeongin never told people about his past. He felt embarrassed every time he thought about it. And he also knew that he wasn't the only one who suffered in his past. He knew about all the traumatizing things that happened to all the older boys. He didn't want to bring even more sadness to them and didn't want them to worry about him.

Jeongin had always been the type of person who kept everything to himself whenever he was upset. He never shared any of his negative emotions and thoughts with others since he thought that he would only be a burden to them. He thought that they had more important things to worry about than his pathetic problems.

Instead of showing people his true feelings and all the sadness he collected inside of him, he used a mask to hide them and faced everyone with happiness and joy. He wanted to act strong for everyone.

(But the author knows about Jeongin's past in this book so I will tell you🤭✌
Also trigger warning⚠️  Domestic violence)

Jeongin was born in a family that did not have a lot of money unlike the other boys. When it was first announced that his mother was pregnant everyone was more than excited. His parents were already a bit older since it was hard for his mother to get pregnant. But even after years of trying, they never lost hope.

After finding out about the pregnancy both parents were more than happy. Although they were poor they just wanted the best for the child so they did not hesitate to spend money on buying things for a baby.

But when the baby was born the excitement disappeared. 

It wasn't because the child was an early birth. It wasn't because it was smaller and lighter than the average. And it wasn't the fact that the child had to stay in the hospital for medical support for another whole month.