Cincuenta y siete

Written: September 8th 2019
Published: November 21st 2020

"Common side effects include:
Nervousness, insomnia, nausea, agitation, anxiety, sweating, vision problems, psychosis, numbness, dizziness, headaches, weight loss"
-Felix (STRAY KIDS)
Side effects

"Maybe the coke was expired," Chan said and grabbed the cup. He opened it and smelled on it. It smelled normal so he decided to try it.

He took a small sip from it and after pausing for a bit he took bigger ones.

"Baby there is nothing wrong with the coke it tastes normal," Chan said confused.

Yuna grabbed the cup and wanted to taste it again but immediately backed up as soon as it got near her face. "It already smells disgusting," Yuna said and held the cup as far away from her as possible.

Chan looked at her for a while. Something was wrong with her but he didn't know what.

"Baby wait for me here okay? I'll get Seonghwa and ask him if he can check up on you," Chan said and got up and closed the door behind him.

He really tried to hide his panic but now he ran towards the living room. He knew most of them were still awake.

He entered the room and saw Seonghwa in front of the TV next to Changbin, Felix, San and Seungmin.

"Hey Chan, wanna join us?" San asked.

Chan shook his head.
"No thank you but Seonghwa could you maybe come with me and check up on Yuna? I think something is wrong with her," Chan asked.

Seonghwa was in charge of the doctor in the team. Since they are part of a mafia gang, wounds and broken bones are nothing untypical but because they had to hide their identity, they couldn't just go to the hospital.

Seonghwa nodded and didn't hesitate for a second to get up. But felix got up as well.

"I come with you guys what happened?" He asked worried.

"She vomited again and I don't know it's just... i know something is wrong," Chan said while they were walking upstairs.

"Felix can you bring Yuna to my office please? Meanwhile Chan can tell me all the details," Seonghwa said.

They splitted ways and Chan followed Seonghwa into his office. It was a big white room with many machines Chan knew from the hospital. There were large cupboards with all kind of medicines.

"Take a seat and tell me everything," Seonghwa said.

"Well she started acting weirdly or differently a week or two ago. She has less energy and all she does is staying in bed. She feels sick all the time and vomits especially in the morning. Just now we got some pizza. It was the first time I saw her eating properly. But then she started drinking the coke and threw up again. She said it tasted differently but when I took a sip it was just normal," Chan explained.

Seonghwa looked at him with one eyebrow raised up.
"Chan?"

"Yes?" He looked up.

"I don't wanna invade your privacy too much but... when was the last time you two had sex?" Seonghwa said.

"I know everything sounds like a pregnancy but... a few years ago... before I had to dissappear and pretend dead something happened to Yuna. It was out of nowhere. It was just the both of us on a short vacation. It happened shortly after the two of us had sex as well. We were on a walk when Yuna suddenly started screaming and having a panic attack. She... she was even scared of me in that moment and started hallucinating voices. She passed out and I immediately rushed her to the next hospital. The doctors told us that there were some problems in her brain which could possibly be due to all the stress and traumatic events she went through. But from that moment on... everything changed. She fell into a coma... I thought I'd never see her smile again... I thought I had lost her. It was more than a year... and I am... i am just scared that..."

"It happens again?" Seonghwa finished his sentence.

Chan just nodded silently.

"I'll check up on her, it's probably nothing too bad," Seonghwa said with an encouraging smile.

The door opened and Felix came inside. He carried her bridal style and when Chan saw her face he thought she got even paler than before.

"Can you lay her down on the bed over there?" Seonghwa asked Felix and stood up.
"Felix Chan can you maybe leave the room? I also need to ask her some things," he asked them.

Felix nodded and went outside but Chan hesitantly still stood there.

"Chan it will be okay. I'll be careful i promise," he told Chan.

Chan just sighed but followed Felix outside.

796 words

(Not proofread)

Is it even Felix during that part in side effects i am not sure?