The Avatar Returns pt. 1

༻ ✽ ༺
Y/n's pov

I see Katara drag Aang out of a tent by the arm to meet the village.

"Aang, this is the entire village." Katara says while pointing at the line of villagers in front of them. "Entire village, Aang."

Aang respectfully bowed, but to my surprised, the village cowered away in fear. By the looks of their faces, Katara and Aang were surprised too.

"Uh, why are the all look at me like that? Did Appa sneeze on me?" Aang asked uncomfortably. He check his clothes. That's when Gran-Gran stepped forward from the line.

"Well, no one has seen an airbender i a hundred years. We thought they were extinct, until my granddaughters and grandson found you" she explained.

"Extinct?" Aang replies with a shocked expression on face.

How long was he in that iceberg?

"Aang, this is my grandmother" Katara gestures.

"Call me Gran-Gran"

Sokka walks over to Aang and a snatches an idem, that appeared to be a staff, out of his hands and started to examine it. "What is this, a weapon? You can't stab anything with this!"

Aang then creates a small air current and uses it to get his staff back. "It's not for stabbing! It's for airbending." He opens his staff into a glider, which made my brother gasp and cover his head with is hands.

Gran-Gran then pulls me aside. "He seems like nice young man, but you three should of spoke with me first before letting into the village." She scolded.

"I know, I'm sorry, but Aang is harmless. Plus we couldn't just leave him there, he could of freezed to death."

"You have a good heart, but must also let your brain guide. I know one day you'll be a great leader and waterbender."

"But Gran-Gran, dad left me in charge and there's no way she can be chief because-" Sokka starts while walking over to me and Gran-Gran.

Our father and the other men of the tribe left to go fight in the war, leaving my brother in charge while he was gone.

"Because what Sokka? Because I'm a girl? Just because I'm a girl, doesn't mean I'm not as capable of as becoming a leader like a man can. You're acting like I wanna run this place one day." I interrupt him as I sass him.

"Both of you, quite this instant! I'm tired of hearing your bickering. Now Y/n go help your sister with her chores."

"Yes Gran-Gran"

༻                            ✽                             ༺

After finishing chores, I grab a bucket of water and place it on the ground. I scoop up some water into my hands. I took a deep breath. Concentrating on the water, I create a bubble of water, similar to the one I created on the canoe.

 Concentrating on the water, I create a bubble of water, similar to the one I created on the canoe