8

D- day

Yoongi was fidgeting nervously in the hallway outside of his room, watching as Jungkook happily stepped out from there, looking paler than usual.

"Do you feel ok, Kook? You look pale."

The ghost hummed, looking down at his hands and arms before pulling his sleeves down, "Yep, I feel great! But.." he tried jumping up and down. "Oh no... I think I can't fly around."

"Well, that's a relief." Yoongi commented, earning a pout from the younger. "Come on, let's get going. Oh, and- if you don't feel well, tell me immediately, promise me?" He held out his pinky and Jungkook moved to link his own with Yoongi's, except- he couldn't. It went right through.

"Ah," he stared dumbly at their hands. "I guess I'm really a ghost out here."

"At least you won't be bumping into people, now, give me your promise."

"Yes hyung, I /promise/." The younger drawls out, skipping to the stairs and jumped down two steps at a time to wait for Yoongi at the lobby. The half demon sighed and quickly followed.

Jungkook was almost transparent as they left the apartment but he assured Yoongi that he didn't felt anything, just a bit weaker than he was in their room. They walked past Yoongi's shop, stopping for a moment so Yoongi could point it out to the other. Jungkook stared at it with wide eyes, head tilting as if he was trying to remember something.

"Hyung, I think I've seen this store before."

Yoongi looks at him in surprise. "What, really?"

"Yeah, it's so familiar."

Yoongi tried racking his brains, wondering if he ever met Jungkook before, a teenage customer buying his drinks or flowers. But he was certain that he never saw the other before and he was quite sure of his good memory.

"You probably walked past it a lot, it's near the apartment and bus stop."

Yoongi offered, leading the way to the bus stop a few steps away but when he turned back to look at the ghost, he was still standing in front of the store.

"Jungkook ah."

He called, startling the younger who quickly walked over to stand by his side. Luckily there wasn't a lot of people around on Saturday mornings so noone witnessed Yoongi talking to himself but he still pulled out a face mask to wear so he can talk to Jungkook without people noticing his moving lips. The bus arrived after a few minutes and they hopped on, it was empty except for the driver so they got seats next to each other. Jungkook looked so fresh and happy despite his transparent state. Yoongi let him sit at the window seat and the ghost couldn't peel his face away from the glass.
He was stuck in the apartment for eight months- almost forgetting how the outside looked like.

Jungkook lost himself in enjoying the simple view of buildings and street walks, sleepy people walking slowly with a cup of coffees in their hands.

/Did I used to do that too?/

Yoongi glanced at the younger male beside him, deciding against striking up a conversation and and letting Jungkook enjoy taking in the outside world. They sat quietly for a full ten minutes until Yoongi whispered that they need to get off at the next stop.

It was a university. Yoongi took him out to a campus?

Jungkook stood there with his lips pursed and Yoongi squinted his eyes at him, giving a disapproval look before murmuring, "I know it looks boring but I'm pretty sure that this was where you studied."

Jungkook perked up, trailing behind Yoongi who confidently waltzed into the campus like he has been here a lot. "How did you know?"

"It's the closest uni from your apartment, dummy."