25

Yoongi crept into the kitchen, carefully setting the cake down and unboxing it. He stood there staring at it for a minute, wondering if it was too plain, but surely Jungkook would like it, right? The younger always liked things that are easy going and simple, he doesn't care much about appearance.

Yoongi hoped he was right.

The blond gently placed the two sugar figurines in the middle, side by side and started to poke in ten candles around the edges, so that it would nicely light up the bunny and his cookie. Yoongi slowly lit them up with a lighter he pocketed from his store, jumping a bit when Jungkook suddenly called for him.

"Hyunggg! When can I open my eyes? You're taking too long."

"I'm almost done!" Yoongi hollered back, lighting the rest of the candles and finally picking up the whole cake with trembling hands in fear of dropping it.

He slowly made his way to the living room, peeking in with only his face and smiled when he saw Jungkook sitting up straight on the sofa with his eyes tightly closed and nose scrunched up cutely.

Yoongi carefully balanced the cake in his hands and used his elbow  to switch off the light.

Now, the only source of the light in the room was the flashing ones from the tv and the flickering orange from the candles. Yoongi felt embarrassed to sing the birthday song so he kept it simple- again. He just walked up to Jungkook, telling the younger to open his eyes and when he did, Yoongi raised the cake up a bit, cheeks flushing under the warmth.

"H-here, happy birthday."

Jungkook looked confused and thankful at the same time. He opened and closed his mouth for a few time before silently pointing at himself with a raised eyebrow at Yoongi.

The older nodded with a pout, "Yes, you. It's /your/ birthday. You're 23 years old today."

The younger's mouth formed into a small 'O', eyes widening in realization before swooping around Yoongi to give him a quick chilling back hug.

"Y-yah... hurry up and make a wish." Yoongi weakly says, feeling a bit flustered and trying his best to hold the cake up. Jungkook quickly bounced back to his spot with a wide smile and sparkling eyes. He clasped his hands together, closing his eyes and murmured something under his breath for a few seconds before finally blowing out the candles. Jungkook carefully took the cake in his hands, and set it down on the table. Yoongi stood dumbly watching him and let out a manly squeak when the ghost spun around to grab him by the waist and they both tumbled down on the sofa with Yoongi on top.

The older opened his mouth to complain but Jungkook just gently pulled him by the nape to rest his head on the hard chest while the younger just happily nuzzled his hair.

"Thank you hyung, I want to cry but the tears won't come out so I'm going to be happy instead."

"That's good... it's your day so you should be smiling." Yoongi mumbled quietly, causing Jungkook smile into his hair and hugged him tighter, flipping them over so Yoongi was now laying on his back with a frown.

"What are you doing... I have a cake to-mm!"

Yoongi's words got cut off when Jungkook leaned down to press their lips together. The smaller slowly relaxed at the feeling, slightly opening his mouth at the cold wet sensation poking in between his lips. He closed his eyes, feeling the blood rushing to his face when he realized that this was the first time their kiss is deepened.

Jungkook pushed his tongue inside, kissing Yoongi gently, cupping the flushed cheek in one hand and slowly rubbing his thumb over it before sliding down to his waist, giving it a squeeze.