Chapter 12

Jo's perspective

I finish getting dressed after taking a nice shower.
Im so exhausted from todays fight scene.
Thoughts fill my head. Im so upset at hero still.
I hate that when im with him, and he makes
me smile, my anger towards him fades.
I need to stand my ground.

There's a few knocks on my door and I quickly finish putting on my shoes.
I get up and open the door to find Hero in new clothes and still damp hair.
I like when he doesnt put anything in it.

"Hi." he says and i smile.
Shit.
I try and hide my smile.

"Hi." i say exiting my trailer.

We start to walk beside one another towards the town.

"So." i say.

"Hear me out." he says and I nod, "I'm sorry about everything, especially about what i said to you on set."

"I'm sorry too for making it personal, that was irresponsible on my behalf." i say and he shakes his head.

"Yeah but i shouldnt have taken it so far. And what i said on the phon-"

"Hero just so you know, i wasn't easy dropping, well a little but you were so loud, the walls between our trailers are so thin. I could hear it from my desk. And it hurt what you said. After i slept with you, i hear you say that it basically meant nothing because we'll only ever be friends." i say getting angrier with every sentence.

"I know and i'm sorry, i didn't mean that. Okay I- I do want to be more than friends with you and you have no idea how much you mean to me. But Mariam, she- she's crazy, we dated for like three weeks and she cheated on me. We broke up but she still gets jealous when i'm with other girls"

"When you're with me?" i ask and he nods.

"I knew that if i told her that i liked you or that i cared for you, she'd- she'd get all jealous and i just didn't want to bring you into it."

"Can't you just block her or something? if she's bothering you that much." i ask and he shakes his head

"She's kinda a family friend, that i can't just block." he says and i nod.

"My parents have always wanted us to be together, but i never liked her." he says.
Great.
His parents for sure probably dont like me.

I guess hero can see the jealousy on my face because he laughs, "Com'n Jo, You know i only have eyes for you." he says jokingly but i still blush.

"What was the whole fight about at the club? Or that girl grinding on you?" i say remembering the video Inanna sent me.

"Girl at the club?" he says raising an eyebrow but then his face flushes with realization.

"Inanna sent me a video." i say and he nods annoyed.

"That girl was just a random girl, i tried to get her off of me but she wouldn't take no for an answer." he says shaking his head, i frown.

"Oh." i say feeling suddenly guilty, "sorry." i say and he shakes his head.

"Its okay." he says and I poke his arm.

"What about the fight in the club?"

Hero rubs the back of his neck, "Right." He sighs, "Well, that guy was commenting about your ass and stuff and i was drunk and upset, so i punched him." he says and then starts to laugh.
His laugh is contagious and i cant help but giggle.
I shake my head, covering my face with my hands.

"I cant believe you knocked him out." i say and he laughs.

"I feel so bad, Anna paid the guy to not file charges." he says and i look at him with wide eyes.