𝟭𝟬. the turning point

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡
𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚏𝚊𝚗. 𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞

 𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞

[GILBERT HOUSE]

[GILBERT HOUSE]

Logan Fell is standing outside on the porch. Jenna is talking to him from inside the front doorway.

JENNA: Why are you here, Logan?

LOGAN: I missed you. I was out of town. I...

JENNA: Yeah, I got that email.

LOGAN: [shocked] You got an email?

JENNA: You didn't send an email?

LOGAN: I can explain. Just invite me in and I'll tell you everything.

JENNA: I'm not gonna invite you in. Forget it.

LOGAN: Come on, Jenna. It's me.

JENNA: The answer's no.

LOGAN: I know you. You're always one step from a "maybe", a tiny nudge to "yes".

JENNA: [scoffs] You just pointed out that I have no self-control. Clever strategy!

Logan opens his mouth to say something, but Jenna slams the door in his face. Logan, clearly frustrated with the way their conversation went, walks to the edge of the porch. He sees a neighbour taking out the garbage. He walks down the porch steps and towards the man. The man gives him a polite wave and walks back towards his house. Logan walks down onto the sidewalk and watches the man leave. He breathes out heavily. Suddenly, a woman comes jogging around the corner. Logan turns around to looks at her. She stares at him as she jogs past him, but stops abruptly. Logan turns to face her again.

DAPHNE: You're Logan Fell, channel 9. [walking towards Logan] I watch you every night. Well, I used to, I mean, you've been missing from my TV.

LOGAN: I took some time off.

DAPHNE: I noticed. I'm Daphne. [She puts her hand out and he shakes it.]