chapter 1

Tessas Pov:
I'm currently on the plane, heading back to New York. I just finished college at USC and yes it was fun, but i missed my family. So heading back to New York is the right thing for me. The plan starts and we head off back to New York.
"Finally off the plane" i sigh in relief. Planes aren't really my thing and give me bad anxiety so I was relieved to finally be off.
"TESSA!"
I turn around and see my best friend, Stella run over to me. Stella has been my best friend since middle school and honestly I don't know what i would do without her.
I run up to her and give her a tight hug
"Aw I missed you so much Stella, how are you?"
"Things are going pretty well, but I'm so happy you're back." she says letting go of me and taking one of my bags.

We head out to her car and we drive off back to my house.
"So now since you're back, I was hoping you would want to go to a party tonight?" Stella asks
"As much as I love partying Stella, I just wanna spend time with my family tonight." I say
"Totally understandable, sorry I just really missed you."
"I've missed you too and I promise tomorrow, we can hang out if you're free?" I say
"Of course!" Stella says with excitement

Me and Stella talk some more until we reach my house.
Once I enter, I see our butler, Kevin and he walks up to me. We greet each other and he takes my bags for me.
I assume my father is in his office which he spends 90% of his time because he's a workaholic.
"Sweetheart, how are you! i'm so sorry i couldn't get you off the plane, I just came back from a meeting." my dads says walking over to me and giving me a hug.
"I'm good dad" i say with a smile
We start talking and catching up and then I go to my room to get changed.

"Oh how I missed you bed" I say jumping on it

"Oh how I missed you bed" I say jumping on it. I will say, I forgot how comfortable my bed was since i've been sleeping in a dorm for awhile. I then head to my bathroom to shower.
After my shower, I put on some comfortable clothes and then head back downstairs.

"Hey Mom!" I say with a smile

My mom and I have always been close and we can literally talk about anything together.
"Tessa! Oh how i missed you." she says giving me a hug.
"Food smells good, what are you making?"
"Your Favorite, Steak and potatoes." she says
I was super happy once she told me she's making my favorite food. See, this is why I love her so much.

I have a younger sister, Kennedy but she's coming back tomorrow night from college.

My mom and I catch up while she cooks and then dinner comes around. Not gonna lie, family dinners are usually pretty boring. My dad talks about business and my mom tells him to stop talking about it but he doesn't. So much fun, right?

I go back upstairs to my room and go on my laptop for the rest of the day. I like being alone, it gives me peace and I end up falling asleep.