Chapter 10

Sorry this took so long.

--------------------------------------------------

-Athena's POV-

Everyone fell dead silent at the mention of Herobrine. Of course they would be shocked Herobrine probably was merely a myth to them. Iskall was the first to speak "What really happened with the Aether?"

I sighed holding back tears memories flooding back. "100 years ago the people of the Aether lived with people from the Overwold, End, and Nether, it was simply just another realm." Mumbo raised his hand signaling for me to stop talking. "Hold on, people live in the End and Nether?" he said having a hint of amusement in his voice. "Yes Mumbo, Tango is from the nether." Xisuma said saving me from having to explain. Mumbo's eyes widened "I thought he wasn't a demon!" Xisuma looked at me probably confused at the incompetence Mumbo had, I just shrugged, I didn't know Mumbo.

I cleared my throat continuing "Anyways, Herobrine grew jealous of the power people in the Aether had. He took over draining power from every single person, he destroyed every single portal, and without our power we could not escape. We were force to bow to him and if you didn't you were killed." I turned around looking out the window remembering the good life I once had. "We got stuck in a time vortex, forced to stay the same until the Aether reopened.

I felt tears run down my cheeks. "It was my 16th birthday when it happened. My family refused to bow to herobrine, they were all killed but me." I felt someone hug me, I flinched it had been a long time since I had been hugged. "Im so sorry." Stress said the softness of her voice calming me. She let go and I turned around facing the others their look of pity saddening me more.

I smiled softly and continued telling the story. "About 8 years ago Shasta came here randomly, she was forced to bow to Herobrine. Don't know how but she somehow got away, when asked she just say a magician never shares their secrets. She proposed the idea that we fight back against Herobrine. Most people said no fearing him, but 11 people agreed. Im the last one alive of those 11.

Doc looked at me oddly "Where are the other people?" I laughed "Either rotting their time away in their houses fearing, or dead." False laughed "That's a way to put it bluntly." I nodded.

"I shall explain the rest in the morning, you need to rest as it is rather late and honestly, I don't have the patience to explain." I said rather tiredly, right before they came Shasta and I had been trying to recruit more people. Honestly, they were lucky Shasta suggested we looked down that street. No one had been there for years, so I thought it was stupid, apparently not

Everyone nodded to the idea of sleep. I mean who doesn't love sleep? Except for the I'll sleep when im dead people, but they would be dead If they didn't sleep. So........... I realized I was daydreaming and turned my attention back to the hermits. "Apologies, follow me!"

We went upstairs single file because of the skinny staircase when we got to the second floor I realized, there is only three rooms, well that's fun. I made sure everyone was on the second floor before speaking. "There is only three rooms so we'll need to go into groups, the girls can take my room and I'll sleep on the couch, and I'll let the boys decide."

The boys got into their groups. Mumbo, Iskall, and Grian would share the smallest bedroom. Doc, Bdubs, Joe and Xisuma, would share the other room.

I lead them down the Hallway letting Stress, False, Cleo into the room. There was a queen-sized bed so two people could sleep on it if they felt comfortable. Stress laughed "Hey False, you want to share the bed. No homo though!" False laughed, "Sure, No homo." Cleo looked at them both "Well I guess I'll sleep on the chair then!" I turned off the lights in their room shutting the door then leading the boys down the hallway.

I stopped at the end of the hallway I opened the door for Xisuma's group to go in. There was a murphy bed that Bdubs tried to open, but when it nearly collapsed on him Doc pushed Bdubs out of the way and properly brought it down. Bdubs lighted up "May we share!" Doc looked at him. "No." he said and then laid down, Bdubs shrugged "Fair enough" And preceded to face plant on the ground. Xisuma rested up against the wall and Joe simply fell asleep on the floor. I shut the door and turned around and opened the door to the other room.

Grian jumped on the bed and yelled "Mine!" Iskall shrugged and walked in. I was dumbfounded "You're just going to let him take the bed!" Mumbo looked at me. "I am not dealing with a sleep deprived Grian." I nodded as he walked into the room. He walked over to my bookshelf and looked at it, "You got some books?" I nodded "Yep! It's just The Hobbit, and The Harry Potter series though." Mumbo nodded and grabbed The Hobbit. I was confused by this "Aren't you gonna sleep" I said. Mumbot turned towards me "Insomnia sucks." And with that he laid down on the floor and started reading Iskall walked up to me and whispered to me and whispered, "You got a bucket full of water?" I was genuinely confused. "Why?" Iskall laughed "A prank, also don't walk in the room tomorrow before someone else does. "Okay then...?"

I ran downstairs and grabbed a bucket; I took it to the sink and filled it up. I ran up the stairs nearly breaking my ankle from tripping. I handed the bucket to Iskall and he shut the door on my face. "Well okay then." I muttered.

I walked back down the hallway and laid down on the couch. It was finally happening I thought I could finally be free! Everything started to blur as my eyes closed.

--------------------------------------------

Uhhhh, late night writing Woooo! On a serious note I have a book that will be coming out soon so watch out for that!

Okay Bai <3 

-1054 words