Prologue

It was a cold night and the breeze that blew was the kind that pricked the skin like a thousand needles. Many laid asleep in bed, but Iris was wide awake–pacing around her queen sized bedroom.

She crept to her room door and placed both her palms on it for support before she finally leaned in with her right ear glued to the door. Groans escaped from her lips when she could still hear her parents talking.

"What are they yapping about by this time?" She left her door, feeling frustrated.

Iris rocked back and forth on her heels, waiting for her parents to fall asleep so she could carry out her master plan.

After waiting for twenty minutes which felt like forever to Iris, everywhere became eerily quiet. She proceeded to open her room door, making sure to be as quiet as a mouse.

Tiptoeing out of her room, she glanced around the huge purple hallway that had doors on each sides. Finally, she sneaked out of the house with excitement gushing through her veins.

With a thumping heart, she ran like the wind to the fresh scent of the sea and pulled up short when she could feel the cold water caressing her bare feet.

Her head went up and her eyes admired the night sky. It was adorned with a blanket of stars that stretched to infinity. She curled her toes, enjoying the wet feeling of the sand.

Iris glanced over her shoulders to make sure she was alone. Satisfied with how empty the place was, she decided to swim naked.

"For the bucket list." She whispered and pulled off her clothes, leaving her in just her bikini. "At least, it's dark and no can see me."

She had a once over at the place again, while holding the sides of her panties. She tugged it down and just when it was below her butt, she almost had a heart attack.

"What are you doing?" The voice of a male questioned and she hastily put her hands on her chest to stop her heart from exploding.

"I was-I was-" she stumbled over her words before her brain signalled her that she was still butt naked. Almost.