five

chapter number five

in between the lecture, you saw kenma focusing on his Gameboy rather on the teacher

after class, sitting in the cafe, just the both of you, you saw kuroo already sitting with someone else. the girl from yesterday.

to think about it the girl was petite, blonde and cute, kind of like kenma. her smile is also cute, the way she covers her mouth to something kuroo is saying.

"do you like kuroo?" kenma brings you back to reality.

"wai-what?!" you were startled by the sudden question.

"i.. i barely even know him kenma." you shook your head, making it seem like it was impossible for you to like him.

"you have been looking at him and yachi for like five minutes now, completely ignoring the hell i was saying to you. did you even listen to me?"

busted.

"umm.. no but he is not the reason. i was lost in my thoughts."

"kuroo!" kenma spoke louder than his actual voice but still still quite quiet. but to your surprise kuroo responded as he stopped whatever he was saying to yachi and turned around. he raised his eyebrows looking at you and kenma.

that moment bokuto and akaashi walked in the cafe and sat down with kuroo and yachi. kuroo called you both to them.

"let's go." kenma whispered as he stood up and walked towards them leaving you no choice but to follow him.

you both settled down. in front of you sat, kuroo, bokuto and akaashi and beside you, kenma and yachi.

"so i asked you for your notes." kenma looked at you.

"yeah, right." you took out your notes and handed it to him.

"guys, listen to yachi. she has some crazy shit to tell."  kuroo spoke.

"it's true kuroo." yachi shook her head.

"you guys know the concept of the red string of fate?" yachi asked, looking at all of you curiously.

of course you know it. everyone does. but it is so rare that people say it's just a myth. not everyone sees it, only the person besotted with someone/ truly in love can see a red string tied around the little finger of the people who are destined to be together.  it can be stretched or tangled but it will never be undone.

"the one attached to your little finger, right?" bokuto asked, looking at his little finger and then picking up akaashi's hand imagining his tied around akaashi's.

everyone lets out a little laugh. "stop messing around bokuto san." akaashi pulled his hand and gently shook his head.

"y'all really believe?" kuroo asked in disbelief.

everyone nods in unison, including kenma, probably because he believes it or just to piss of kuroo.

"then why doesn't everyone believe it?  why can't everyone see it?." kuroo questioned.

"well, about the belief, it's because not everyone sees it, so it is an insult for the love they feel for their significant other. " you tried to prove your point.

kuroo looks at you with 'even you?' disbelief expression. you quickly look away.

"it is true kuroo." yachi tells kuroo.

"you've got a competition." kenma whispered in your ears so only you could hear and you knew what he meant.

"ah, then i wonder with whom mine is tied to." kuroo looked at his little finger.

"wanna volunteer kitten?" he smirks at you.

why the hell is he so random?

before you could say anything yachi cut you off, "more than half of our college girls' would love to volunteer kuroo and i don't blame them."

his smirk grows wider and everyone sighs while you roll your eyes.

"i will go home now." you stood up from your place.

"i have your notes." kenma says, looking at you.

"it's okay kenma, you can return it tomorrow."

"great, thanks."

you made your way out and were startled by, "wanna walk home together?"

you turned around to see kuroo a little panting since he debated whether to make a move towards you or not.

your suddenly felt something curling up in your stomach out of nervousness when the fact hit you that he walked to walk you home, alone.

"sure." you kept your cool.

__________________

author's note

thank you so much for giving this work a chance. 😂 anyway, I'd like to apologize for the slow update. 🥺