thirteen

chapter number thirteen

what rolled down your cheeks wasn't water but the feelings you held inside your chest for so long

what rolled down your cheeks wasn't water but the feelings you held inside your chest for so long. the heaviness you felt inside you, the mourning for the stars that didn't align together.

akaashi puts his arm around you as you cried your heart out. with no questions further asked, akaashi consoled you, at least he tried to.

after a while you both stood up, walked together till you reached a path dividing into two, said goodbyes and parted ways.

thinking about what happened just now, you realized akaashi must be in love too. his soulmate must be so lucky.

the night came quickly as you lied on your bed and stared up at the roof.

love is so weird. one day, you just look at them and your heart decides to fall in love with them, to make them your center of the universe. your entire day is made just by seeing them, or hearing them or just thinking about them. but life isn't always rainbows and butterflies for love is the very reason for everything to go downhill. one moment you feel like you're on the top of the world and the other you feel like your falling into a deep hole with no surface and you keep falling, knowingly. because you know you wouldn't want anything otherwise.

even if it tears you apart or cut you into tiny pieces, you'd still walk on the path of love. thats how powerful it is. that's how beautiful it is. that's how destructive it is.

the next morning you woke up, you felt a teeny bit less burdened for you cried for almost half an hour in front of akaashi. this was probably once in a lifetime thing. hopefully, you won't have to be so vulnerable in front of anyone.

but akaashi has something within him that would make anyone want to trust him. his honesty, maybe, or maybe how understanding he is, despite how not-so-understanding he might looks.
he has ways to make a person open up to him, he knows how to console someone. maybe that's why bokuto is so attached to him. akaashi doesn't let him feel alone.

how were you supposed to know what to choose. to go what fate has for you or to go where your heart resides.  to accept what this universe has for you or to make your own luck even though you know it's gonna be hopeless after all.

life can be confusing at times and sometimes it gives you something you can't accept but what else can you do either to accept it or go against it.

making your way to the college all you could think was of what akaashi said. about how he'd cut the strings and run to where his heart rests. but how are you supposed to know if kuroo is in love with you as much as you are. what if it's not worth a shot what if you guys don't work out. what if you break each other's heart in the end? what if you really don't belong with each other.

all these what ifs were killing you inside, choking you, making sure you couldn't breathe properly. they were like an uninvited guests on an overlong stay in your mind. you couldn't think of anything else.