01

New Neighbor

First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Xierra Bleast, and I will tell you that I am 18 years old this year. If you ever wonder if I have a crush on anyone, even one of my friends, the answer is no. Boy's charms haven't worked on me, and I don't like girls either. They keep asking me: "With whom am I in love?" I simply responded, "No," because my parents often tease me, especially my mother, about why I haven't found a boyfriend. Some of the boys have courted me, but I keep turning them down.

Our family is on vacation today, and I'm just lounging around the home while my buddies go out. When I was contemplating my life while looking up at my room's ceiling, my mother abruptly yelled downstairs. My dad is not home since he works abroad.

“Xierra! Sweetheart!” My mother, who appeared to be excited, yelled at the top of her lungs. I moan, get to my feet, arrange my hair into a high bun, and go downstairs.

“Yes, mother?”As I took the final stair, I asked in a sluggish tone. My mom was packing some fruits and vegetables for our new neighbor when she said, "Sweetheart get ready; we're going to meet our new neighbor today.” Since I'm wearing shorts, I just nod lazily and go upstairs to fetch my pajamas.

After waiting a short while, my mother rang the doorbell in front of our new neighbors' home at least five times. I was holding the fruits and vegetables we wanted to give them as a welcome gift. The gates suddenly opened, and I saw a girl who was probably around 7 years old?

What brought you here, ma'am? The young girl bowed respectfully to us and questioned us. “Are you the new neighbor here? If so, we wish to extend this welcome to our community. Where are your parents?”

“Do we have a new neighbor here in the village?” My mum inquired, grinning widely. My mom often brings gifts. Suddenly, a woman emerged from behind the young girl and grinned at us. “Hello.” My mum answered sweetly, the woman smiled and asked the same question as the small girl asked to my mom.

My mum delivered the fruits and veggies that are wrapped in a plastic bag to the woman, saying, “We want to gave you this as a welcome gift.” The woman gratefully received it. The woman greeted us with a wide smile and said, "That very sweet of you, thank you." Suddenly, she made a grimace as though she had an idea.

Do you want to have dinner later? I have an idea. If you don't mind," the woman remarked, to which my mother happily said, "Sure.” They then introduced themselves, and now that I'm becoming bored to death, all I want to do is lay in my bed.

They had just finished talking when we got home, and since their house is right next to ours, I was heading upstairs to lay in my favorite place in the entire world—my bed—when my mother abruptly interrupted, preventing me from going any further. My mother said, "Sweetheart, get ready for tonight, we have a dinner to attend," and I nodded.

Night Time~

I merely put on a straightforward dress that could adequately cover my top as I'm getting ready.

Were here in front of the home of our new neighbor.

My mother and our new neighbor are seated in front of the dining table after we finished eating. Their names are Mr. and Mrs. Clox, and their young daughter is named Jeazerich Clox, though they said you can call her Jess. Their son, who is around 21 years old, isn't present right now because someone just walked in, but as soon as he saw us, he bowed respectfully and started to take a seat next to his sister.

His father introduced him to us, saying, "This is my son, Zuan Clox." I gave him a quick glance, and he was staring at me. My mother introduced me, saying, "This is my daughter, Xierra Bleast." Zuan smiled at me, so of course I smiled back, or else he'd think I'm impolite.

"Nice," and then refocus on us. He believes I'm deaf, but of course I heard it. I'm scrolling on social media after supper, unaware that I've fallen asleep.

After the dinner happened throughout the week we had a lot of interaction especially to his family. My mother always giving time to visit them even though she's busy around the house. Him and I also becoming close to each other for some time and I can't help but to develop a tiny bitty feelings for him.

Going back to school~

When I waved at Kayleigh, who has been my best friend for a year, she immediately waved back and started to walk in the same direction as me. I can see other students walking towards the school gate with me. "How's your summer break going, dumbass?” I laughed as she asked and placed her backpack in her shoulder.

She laughed and said, "I'll tell you later." She exclaimed excitedly that made me smile throughout our chitchat. We then went to our lockers.

She stated to me as she pulled out her books, "I heard that we have our new English Teacher today." “Really? Mr. Henderson has been transferred since when?” So, our English teacher, Mr. Henderson, is wonderful; I'm not sure if he transferred or not; is he unwilling to teach again?

"Dumbass, Mr. Henderson wanted to transfer for a very long time, therefore he finally has the chance. Kayleigh added, "I heard the rumors that our new Teacher is attractive.” I just chuckled at what she said because Kayleigh is interested in boys and has a lot of ex-girlfriend on this campus.

We entered our classroom, where some of my monkey classmates were setting up their seats while others were chatting. I took a seat next to the window, realizing that Kayleigh wasn't actually going to be my seatmate. Before our Principal entered, the room fell silent. We stood up and bowed to him.

"Good morning, class A students. As you are aware, Mr. Henderson has been transferred to another school, so you will have a new English teacher today. Please be as kind to your new teacher as you were to Mr. Henderson.” Our Principal announced, "Your new English Teacher, please came in," and someone entered that I didn't expect he would be my English Teacher.

“Mr. Henderson said you all nice and treat well him a better unlike last year when you've been struggling him to teach you all.” Zuan is here... He grinned at us before noticing me; he hadn't even told me that he would be teaching me English this year. I can't believe that he is going to be our teacher in English, he didn't even inform me about it.

Our principal has since left, and Zuan is now concentrating on his lecture. He pulled out his attendance book and started addressing everyone by name.

“Chelsie Rovert..”

“Dianne Brown..”

“Xierra... Bleast..”

He said as he turned to face me and grinned. All of the girls in our class started to gossip, but I don't care. Keep spreading untrue rumors about me. He gave us a good lesson, and everyone was quietly listening. He introduced himself to us, and I knew it right away, just like they all did, dude. Some of my female classmates are scrutinizing Zuan's body instead of paying attention to what he is saying. wtf? Despite how attractive he is, pay attention to what he has to say!

Some of my classmates were in the cafeteria at break, while Kayleigh and I were inside the classroom. Kayleigh started to question me. “What did you do during our summer break, dumbass?” As she was chewing a gum, she questioned and I replied to her-

edited.03/24/23.