Part Nine

(Credit to BENI @0610_midotaka on Twitter) 

Katou Haru ran after that person, even though his body was battered and his strength was starting to drain. His legs stopped, just when he saw Kambe Daisuke injured and battered even worse than he was. One of the man's friends, aimed a short-barreled gun at him.

"Daisuke!"

Daisuke just groaned, hearing his name called out loud. Haru who was about to approach had to stop because the sound of gunfire was aimed at him not far from his foot. Haru could see the smoke from the bullet which was now penetrating the ground.

"Let him go."

The man just laughed.

"You know he is the son of the Kambe family, right? Why should I let him go when I can blackmail his family for the money I want?"

Haru moved sideways to avoid the next shot.

"Since you're his friend, I'm sure you'll pick him up and try to save him."

Haru widened his eyes when Daisuke opened his eyes, with great effort, made a sound. Haru could see blood flowing from the edge of the man's little lips.

"Ha...ru..."

"Daisuke!"

The gunshot rang out again, and it almost hit Haru's long legs if he didn't stop immediately. Haru looked up at the person who fired the bullet.

"I told you not to come near."

Haru gritted his teeth, annoyed that he didn't know what to do in this situation. They continue to be in trouble, even though they haven't even had time to enter the police force or become a policeman. However, when Haru called the police, he and Daisuke would have died first.

"Since the hostages have increased, I can ask for more-"

Haru moved and startled the man. Even though his shot missed and almost hit Haru's vitals, the brown-haired man didn't care. He didn't want Daisuke to die. With alacrity and as if he was used to it, Haru managed to knock out the fellow guy who had been holding Daisuke down, tying him tightly and making it difficult to remove quickly. After making that person's friend fainted, Haru, who was about to take Daisuke away, had to give up when one of his hands was pierced by two bullets at once. Even so, his strong desire to save Daisuke, overpowered the pain.

"Haru!"

Daisuke was surprised to see Haru's hand that was shot was helpless. His blood flowed profusely as if refusing to stop. Haru frowned, when the two of them managed to hide some distance from the person holding Daisuke hostage and shot his hand. Daisuke, who was about to treat him, was stopped by Haru.

"This can do later, Daisuke."

The black-haired man frowned in disbelief.

"What do you mean? This-"

"We need to be able to contact one of your family or the police so we can help us solve this!"

Daisuke widened his eyes as Haru declared in a depressed tone. Haru could see the man trying to wake up his friend who had fainted from Haru's heavy blow.

"You can treat me in any way you want later."

Haru glanced, and could only wince when the fellow guy finally got up grumbling. The two of them still had a fight.

"But we have to get out of this situation first."

Haru also pulled Daisuke's hand with his other hand that could still move after releasing the rope that tied Daisuke tightly. The two of them noticed their footsteps and started chasing after Haru and Daisuke who was running. Haru winced, trying hard not to fall because his strength was running out, followed by his blood starting to drain. Haru could only smile with relief after seeing an area that was brighter and busier than where Daisuke was being held by the two of them.