Lullaby for Two

You can play the song while reading or when you see the ★ symbol!

For a restaurant that boasted grandeur and glory, the driveways were rather empty and there seemed to be no one else inside apart from a few waitresses and waiters setting up. Perhaps it was not open yet? More importantly.

"Uh... Khun, I was about to ask you this but I forgot. Weren't we supposed to be at your place?"

"Oh yeah, that. We need to eat first obviously." The blue-haired was on his phone, tapping away at the screen.

"But couldn't we have cooked together like we used to? And it's kind of uh... overwhelming?" He glanced at the building and quickly looked back to the man beside him.

"Is that what you want?" His fingers came to a halt, eyes focused on the precious angel beside him. "Okay then, let's head back."

"Wait, no-"

"Just kidding. But I'll definitely ask you next time, how does that sound?" He smiled at Bam.

"Okay."

"Let's go?"

"Mhm. But why does it look empty? There's barely anyone inside. Maybe they're closed?"

"On a Wednesday? No-no, don't worry your pre-sorry, handsome little head about it. It's obviously going to be empty since I asked the owner to reserve it for the both of us."

"You did what?"

"I asked the owner to reserve it for the both of us." He repeated with another smile but this time it looked like a shit-eating grin plastered all over his face.

Bam's face probably looked like O_o emoji icon since Khun laughed and chuckled. "My sister's the owner if you hadn't figured it out by the way. She doesn't mind closing for our sake."

"Wow. I wish I had a sister."

"Rachel's kind of like one, what about her?"

Bam's face lightened up. "That's right. She kinda is like a sister isn't she? She takes good care of me and-"

"Yes, yes. I think we both got the point quite well. Let's not talk about unimportant things. Let's head out? We're a minute late and my sister's a little cuckoo so we better hurry or else we're going to get an earful."

The two of them went out of the car, the brunette, a little bit jumpy as each step he took, his body felt heavier until a hand went and took his. It was warm, warmer than his when he realized how painfully cold he was.

It was either two things: he wasn't feeling well or he was just anxious about the whole thing. Rightfully so he was as the people he's ever talked to daily was Rachel.

It felt extremely unnerving but he swallowed the lump forming at his throat as a gentle breeze pecked at his sunkissed face, blowing through his long hair. Speaking of his hair, will Khun's sister not like it?

Who knows?

The blonde was on the couch, her laptop resting on her lap as her fingers typed away on the keyboard of the device. In her mind was a storm of chaos and dissonance just waiting to be unleashed. All that was supposed to be mirrored with her eyes yet it was dull and focused.

The doorbell rang and rang until the sound made her dizzy, she was far too engrossed and distracted that whoever was ringing was adamant about being let in.

The door clicked after what seemed to be the sound of the key being slid in the hole. Heels softly clacking against the cold wooden floors. They were gentle yet carried an air of confidence.