04

"Daddy?"

A little girl wearing a cute pink strawberry dress suddenly emerged from the room, catching Felix off guard, especially when she spoke. Felix looked at the girl who stood there, also staring at him.

"Who the hell is this kid?" was the only thing that crossed Felix's mind after seeing her. Shortly after, Chan came out of the kitchen to where the girl had called him. Chan smiled sweetly at her and then made his way towards the girl.

"You're finally awake," Chan said to the girl, planting a kiss on her forehead. Chan stood up properly and held the little girl's hand as they both walked closer to Felix.

"Say hi to Daddy's friend, baby," Chan instructed the girl, who promptly followed. She bowed to Felix, who was still in shock and greeted, "G'arvo mister, my name is Miracle Bang. Welcome to our home," in English.

"It's already evening," Chan mentioned. The child made a cute shocked face, covering her mouth with her small hands, gasping, which amused Chan.

"I'm sorry; I should speak Korean. I'm sorry, mister, good evening, my name is Miracle Bang, welcome to our home." The girl repeated, switching to Korean and adjusting her greeting to 'good evening' this time.

Felix looked at Chan first, confusion slightly visible on his face, before turning his attention back to the girl as he tried his best not to make any gesture that might make the situation awkward because of his confusion and responding to her with a greeting. "Hello, Miracle, you don't have to worry; I can understand English. By the way, I'm Felix Lee," Felix replied in English. The girl gasped again, looking amazed upon hearing Felix speak the language.

Miracle held Chan's hand and started swaying it in excitement while jumping. "Daddy, he speaks English too!!" The kid said, with Chan nodding and ruffling her hair.

Chan looked at Felix, smiling shyly and apologizing for the kid's hyper reactions. "Sorry, she barely encounters a Korean who can speak English, so she gets excited whenever she meets one." Felix just nodded, still bewildered by the unfolding scenario. Is Miracle the same Mira that Chan mentioned before? Is she really Chan's daughter? The confusion lingered.

"S-she's Mira, Sunbae?" Felix hesitantly asked. When Chan nodded in response, Felix felt embarrassed for assuming Mira was Chan's girlfriend. He had even entertained thoughts of them having a romantic relationship based on their previous conversations in class. Now, he realized it was a misunderstanding, as Mira turned out to be a child.

"Yes, Mira or Miracle Bang, my daughter." Felix awkwardly nodded. What a revelation! This Mira is his daughter? He couldn't believe he had thought she was Chan's girlfriend. Why did he even consider Chan having a child? Felix struggled to catch up with the reality of the situation.

"You looked so surprised, mate," Chan said, laughing at Felix's cute reaction. It was indeed adorable - his shocked face resembled that of a lost cat.

"I'm sorry," Felix apologized, and Chan shook his head. "No, it's okay; I always get the same reaction when they find out about my daughter. I mean, I'm too young to have a child, so I understand," Chan explained. He had become a father at a young age, he was only a senior in high school at that time, and yes, he got into huge trouble since his father was so furious about it because he was just eighteen at that time. But of course, being a responsible man, he still took the responsibility even though he clearly knew that he couldn't raise a child at a very young age; he just couldn't leave his own child. To be honest, he was so happy when he knew that he was having a baby.

"Anyway, let's go eat first," Chan suggested. Mira smiled and ran to the dining area, with Chan and Felix following.

The dining area was neat, and when they arrived, the table was already set with food. Felix couldn't believe Chan had prepared it all in such a short time.