🌊7🌊

That night, Akaashi couldn't sleep well. He rolled over on his side, then to the other side, then his stomach, his back, but he couldn't sleep. He sat up and turned on the lamp sitting on the nightstand.

The room was mostly dark minus the new light from the lamp. He got up and walked over to the window, pulling the black curtains away from each other. He looked out them and found the ocean in the distance.

Akaashi loved the ocean. He had always felt some kind of strong bond between it and himself. Every time he saw the salty water, he wanted to go towards it. His dream had always been to understand it better. So naturally, he became a marine biologist.

He heard a knock at the door, which made him jump. He closed the curtains and walked over to the door, opening it. Oikawa stood there, wearing an oversized black tee and bright orange basketball shorts. "Hey." He greeted.

"Can't sleep?" Akaashi nodded. "Neither can I." Oikawa shrugged. "Mind if I come in?" He asked. Akaashi stepped out of the way, inviting the older inside the room.

Oikawa stepped in and sat down at the chair by the desk. "Such a small room. How do you manage?" He asked. Akaashi shrugged. "It's...easy." He sat down on the bed. Oikawa laughed slightly before looking over at the curtains. "Mind if I open them?" He asked. "Not at all." Akaashi responded. Oikawa grabbed the curtain and opened it up.

"This place is kinda perfect. If there wasn't so much plastic in the ocean, it'd probably be perfect." Oikawa laughed awkwardly at the end. Akaashi nodded. "I have an idea! We should take like, a sail boat or something and go pick up plastic from the ocean!" Oikawa clapped his hands together. Akaashi smiled slightly. "Yeah, that'd be nice." He agreed. "Also, keep your voice down. People are sleeping."

~~~

Soon, Oikawa left and Akaashi had fallen asleep not too long after. It was no surprise to the others that Oikawa had 'slept in', however, it was surprising that Akaashi had too.

"We're going to try and clean some of the plastic out of the water." Oikawa said. Akaashi nodded. "Alright. Be careful though." Daichi said. "Call us if something happens." The two nodded. They put their sandals on and stepped outside.

"Man, this is going to be nice." Oikawa smiled. Akaashi nodded. When they got down to the water, they decided Oikawa would walk around the shore while Akaashi took the boat out to the sea.

The two said a temporary goodbye to each other before walking off. Akaashi prepared the boat before grabbing a paddle and a life vest. After a few minutes, he was out at sea, looking for plastic and other materials. He took in a deep breath, the ocean smell filling his nose.

He would remember this trip, that's certain.