🌊4🌊

After dinner, Oikawa decided to go on a walk. He slid on his sandals and rushed down through the sand and towards the water. He began walking near the water, following the waves.

He found a few mostly flat rocks by the water and decided to sit down. He looked out into the water and sighed.

Everything was so peaceful. It was like a dream for him. The only thing that would make this his dream come true was if he had a lover to share the moment. But, he knew that wouldn't be happening any time soon.

That's when Oikawa saw it. He snapped out of his gaze and noticed something in the water. A pair of eyes staring at him. He jumped, blinking. He looked back at the sight. Sadly, nothing was there.

It was most likely a fish. He decided. Only to realize that fish don't look like that. Or at least, not one he had ever seen. They looked like...human eyes. He jumped up and ran over towards the water.

He was careful not to get his feet wet. He didn't want to get wet if it wasn't necessary, so he wouldn't have to worry about getting the floor of Kiyoko's house wet.

He looked out into the water. "Hello?" He called. He decided to do something stupid, and childish. "Here fishy-fishy. I won't hurt you." He patted his legs as he called out to the water.

Oikawa was greeted to what he could have sworn was laughter. He looked around, unable to see anything. He frowned and backed away.

I'll have to come back tomorrow. He decided, only to realize they were going to be down by the ocean the next morning anyways.

He began walking away from the water when he felt like something was watching him. He took one final glance at the water. "Must be my imagination." He told himself. He walked back towards the town.

When he got back to Kiyoko's house, he went upstairs to rinse his feet and then crashed down on the bed. He rolled onto his side.

His mind raced to the pair of eyes he had seen in the water. They were green. Or at least, they seemed to be green. Oikawa couldn't tell. They had looked like human eyes...but a fish with human eyes would just be creepy. He decided it was from lack of sleep and threw the blanket over him, shutting his eyes.

I'll look for the creature tomorrow.