🌊9🌊

"Whoa, whoa. Explain this to me."

Bokuto tilted his head. "Did I not already do that?" He asked. "I mean. How is it yours? What does that mean?" Akaashi asked. "I mean it's mine. I was born with it, just like you were born with legs." Bokuto crossed his arms. "How...?" Akaashi stared at the older. "What are you?" He asked. "A Merman." Bokuto replied. "A whAt?" His voice cracked.

Merman? Weren't they just another fairytale?

Bokuto laughed. "You're funny." He said. Akaashi blinked before shaking his head. "And...this is all real? You aren't joking with me?" Akaashi asked. Bokuto shook his head. "Nope. The tail is real." He said. "You can even touch it if you want."

The golden tail shot back out of the water, which made Akaashi flinch. He reached a hand out and felt one of the scales. "Wow." He muttered. Bokuto laughed as he pulled his hair out of his face. "Have you never seen a merman before? Isn't your job based around the ocean?" Akaashi looked at him. "Well, yeah. But there's tons of species we don't know about." He said. He continued to run his fingers up and down the tail. "Wow." He awed. "I still can't believe this." He said.

Bokuto's tail shot back down into the ocean. "Can I touch your leg then?" He asked. Akaashi looked at him weird. "Sure?" He stretched his leg out over the edge of the boat.

Bokuto placed his hand on Akaashi's knee. "Whoa! This is cool." He seemed to have stars in his eyes. Akaashi laughed.

"How many other mermen are there?" Akaashi couldn't help but ask. "Tons! There's mermaids too. They're pretty much the female versions. I have no clue what the name for anything inbetween is though. Merpeople?" Bokuto rambled. Akaashi laughed slightly. "Anyways! What about humans?" Bokuto asked. "Same here. There's a lot." Akaashi shared.

"Anyways. Do you mind if I tell my friends about your kind?" Akaashi asked. "Sure!" Bokuto smiled. He then froze. "Actually..."

Akaashi tilted his head. "Is something wrong?" He asked. "No. It's just, I remember some old story about something. Don't worry about it though. But, I think it's best this stays a secret." Bokuto smiled at him. "If you say so." Akaashi nodded.

"I should get heading back. Maybe we'll meet again?" He said. The older nodded. "I sure hope we do!" He smiled. He disappeared into the water. Akaashi pulled his leg back and began heading back towards the shore.

A merman, huh?

~~~
Guess who's back
Back again