Chapter 19

An early update just cos I'm in a happy mood and I hope you guys will be too xD 

CHAPTER 19

Abir : Wait!

Mishti stopped. She couldn't move.

Mishti (softly) : What do you want?

She turned and looked down. He pushed her back until her back was touching the door.

She wasn't look­ing at him, but she could see his face in her mind, the way his midnight hair fell over his forehead, his intense serious eyes boring into her.

And his lips. Most of all, she could see his lips, per­fectly shaped, finely molded, perpetually curved into that devilish expression of his, so as to say he knew more than he showed.

His hand traveled up her arm until it reached her shoulder, and then one of his fingers traced a feather-light line down the side of her neck.

His voice, when it came, was low and husky, and she felt it right in the very center of her being.

Abir bent down until his lips were touching her ear.

Abir (whispering) : Don't you want another kiss?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abir wasn't sure when he knew that this was the approach to convince Mishti, but once he thought about it, he couldn't think of any other way.

Abir was going to have to seduce Mishti. He was going to show her the passion between them.

He couldn't try the practical approach. If there ever was a person more practical than Mishti, he hadn't met that person and Mishti clearly didn't seem to think the reasons for this marriage were convincing enough.

He couldn't try emotion. It was a one sided affair.

So it would have to be about passion. If he could show her how great the chemistry between them was, maybe with a littlemore prodding, he could convince her to be his wife.

She cared about him. He knew that. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to wish for more.

He wanted her—Oh, God, he wanted her. With an in­tensity he hadn't even imagined before he'd kissed her the week previous in Rajkot. But even as his blood raced with desire and love, his mind was sharp and calculating, and he knew that if he was to bind her to him, he would need to do it with this. He would have to claim her in a way she could not deny. He couldn't just try to convince her with words and thoughts and ideas. She could attempt to talk herself out of that, pretend the feelings weren't there.

But if he could make that go away, then maybe Mishti would be his.

Abir (whispering at her other ear) : You didn't answer my question. Don't you want another kiss?

Mishti gulped and tried to move back. She realised she was up against the wall and made an attempt to move sideways, but Abir's hand stopped her. He placed his hands on either side of the wall, effectively blocking her escape.

Mishti (slowly) : That night was a mistake.

Abir : Perhaps. But it could also be the start of something nice, something sweet.

Mishti (looking at him) : I can't marry you.

Abir took her hand and rubbed them softly.

Abir : Why is that?