Eda x Cursed!Reader

Requested by @LordRedsontlborn

It would be a serious lie to say you didn't care about your friends. You were always supportive, and did your best to be by their side when they needed a shouled to cry on, however, you weren't really an open book. You were always careful to make sure your friends were okay, but to you, that meant they shouldn't have to worry so much about yourself, which is why you kept a secret from them...

...your curse.

You'd gotten it a couple of years ago, and knowing others thought of you as abomination for it, you kept it under wraps. You knew you could trust Eda, Luz and King with this secret, but you were still sneaky about it, even if sometimes it was hard to hide.

One of those times being this very night.

Luz was going out with Willow and Gus, and King decided to go with her, leaving you alone in the house with Eda. And, well, Hooty, but he's technically the house, so that doesn't count.

Every so often your curse would act up on you, and recently, it had been harder to hold back. You'd even grown a pair of extra ears on top of your head, which you tried to hide with a beanie. That raised some suspicion, but luckily no one bugged you about it too much.

You'd just gotten a cup of coffee and were making your way back to your room when a piercing heacache suddenly hit you. You squeezed your eyes shut and your heart started pounding in your chest. Your fingers were beggining to grow out into claws, causing you to drop your mug, which shattered when it hit the ground.

"(Y/N)?" You heard Eda calling for you from downstairs, audibly concerned.

You fell to the ground, curling into yourself in pain. She was going to see you in this state, and you might even hurt her.

You heard a gasp from behind you and footsteps rushing towards you. Eda knelt down close to you, putting a hand on your shoulder, and the other rested on your cheek. She had a look of worry on her face as she worked out the truth about your curse.

"(Y/N), hold on, I can help you, just stay with me." You closed your eyes as Eda got up, sprinting to her room down the hall, and as she turned the corner, you blacked out.

~~~

You slowly opened your eyes, flinchng at the bright lights in the living room.

"Oh, you're awake."

You sat up quickly, which you instantly regretted because of your headache.

"No, no. Lay back down." Eda said, gently setting you back down.

"What... what happened?" You asked, memory still a bit fuzzy as you tried to remember how you ended up passed out on the couch.

"I heard a loud noise coming from upstairs, and went to check if everything was alright, then I saw you curled up in the floor turning into a beast..." Eda frowned, taking your hand. "(Y/N), why didn't you tell me you were cursed?"

You looked away, embarassed. She was obviously concerned, and seemed hurt, which was never your intent. "I just know how much you already worry about on the daily, and with you being cursed too... I didn't want to put that burden on your back."

Eda sighed "I get that you're trying to protect us, and that's very sweet, but you have to tell us about these things. You always tell us we can count on you, well, you can also count on me."

You smiled, squeezing Eda's hand "Thank you."

"Don't mention it." She then looked at the top of your head, then smirked "But I should say, Luz is never gonna stop bugging you about those."

You furrowed your brows, confused. You reached up to feel what the Owl Lady was talking about and met with a pair of fluffy ears.

Damnit.

You grunted, and Eda giggled, reaching up to scratch at your new ears, and you instantly relaxed as she started petting you.

"I have to admit, that's really cute." She said, then reajusted your position so that you could lay your head on her lap. You melted into her touch, slowly becoming sleepy.

You could only hope that Luz wouldn't scream and wake you up when they got back.