Eda x Dragon Human Hybrid!Reader

Requested by 88quin

After a lot of persuation to get Luz to stop trying to take an "action shot" of you and the owl lady together, you finally managed to get out of the house. Eda had asked you to come with her on a quest to find some mysterious relic in the woods, and she wanted your help to find it. You thought it was a bit strange that she'd ask you to come with her. Eda normally went alone on these expeditions, often leaving you behind to watch over Luz and King, but for some reason, she wanted you to come along.

Well, it's not like you were complaining-

You and Eda were making your way through the forest. She had a map in her hands, and wore a cloak as disguise.

"Okay, if we take a left here, we should be close enough to getting there." Eda said, turning to you while stuffing the map back into the hair. Honestly, her hair was a mystery you were afraid to find out about.

You continued walking through the trees, when you heard a shuffling coming from behind you. You jumped, turning around quickly.

"Did you hear that?" you said, looking around for any signs of someone.

"Don't worry about it, it's probably just some animal crawling around." Eda shrugged dismissively.

Either way, you started to walk closer to Eda. It's not solely because you were scared, but mostly because being part dragon, you had defensive instincts, so you were very protective of your friends, especially Eda.

She looked at your concerned expression sympathetically and took your hand in hers. "Hey, we're gonna be fine. You're a dragon and you're hanging around with the most powerful witch in the Isles, remember? What's the worst thing that could happen?"

Famous last words.

As soon as she said that, a huge beast showed up behind Eda, and you pushed her aside, ready to fight.

"(Y/N), wait! Let me handle this!" Eda tried to stop you, but you were already clawing at the creature.

You managed to scratch its eyes, blinding it. You flew back as it threw itself onto the ground, howling in pain. Eda took that as an opportunity to land a final blow on it.

You flew back down to the ground next to Eda, quickly checking if she was okay, to which she laughed.

"I'm fine, don't worry. But I have to admit, you can really fight, huh?" She said, causing you to blush.

"I guess it's the dragon in me." You were flustered by that, but recovered as you noticed you two had a little bit of a problem. "Wait, in which direction were we going?"

...

"Oh shoot."