Cuddle Buddi

A/N: To start off the book, I decided to come up with my own little oneshot. Hope you enjoy! 

Summary: Steph is going through one of those down days and doesn't want to get out of bed. Chucky (2019 version) tries his best to cheer her up. Just a little fluff piece.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hmph."  Steph ignored her alarm placed for 8:00 am and groaned and rolled around in bed cocooning herself in her blanket. All that could be seen was her wild ginger locks splayed across her striped pillow in different directions. Hazel irises remained hidden behind closed eyelids. 

She didn't feel like getting out of bed. The alarm stopped and suddenly, she felt a sensation in her stomach as it emitted a sound letting her know she was low on fuel. A sigh escaped her and she finally opened her eyes. "Darn it." she breathed. She laid there for four hours more. 

Her blanket flew off her, startling her and exposing her to sunlight. Her arm immediately shot up to provide some cover. 

"Wake up sleepy head~" a cheery voice sang out.

Peeking out, she spotted tiny red sneakers with velcro straps and denim overalls. "Chucky please leave me alone." Steph pouted.

Chucky's brows furrowed and he tilted his head as he tried to get a better look at her face. "Huh? What's the matter best buddi?" 

Steph frowned and pulled the blanket back over herself. Chucky stood there for a minute confused about her behavior. Steph was perfectly content with staring at the darkness within her blanket. A second later, the blanket was pulled back once again.

"Peekaboo!" Chucky jumped out causing Steph's eyes to widen in surprise. An awkward pause filled the air and she lifted a brow. She once again pulled the blanket back over. Chucky yanked it off again and this time appeared behind her head. He leaned over appearing upside down to her and smiled. "Peekaboo Peekaboo!!" he shouted happily. Steph's lips twitched a bit, but she was determined to not give in to defeat. She rearranged the blanket. She heard Chucky giggle.

Of course he finds my misery funny. 

Chucky walked over and began to tickle her sides through the blanket. Steph squirmed and rolled over onto her stomach muffling her giggles as best she could through her pillow. Although Chucky still heard it. She heard some noises and then felt the mattress bounce a bit as Chucky skipped on over. She felt her hair being lifted and slightly pulled. She tried to ignore it, but curiosity got the best of her. She lifted her head to be faced with a mirror reflecting her image back at her. 

"What the.." her snicker cut off the rest of her sentence. Her hair had been styled into pigtails adorned with different colored hair ties decorating the length of her hair. "I look ridiculous." 

"Yes you do." Chucky agreed. 

His eyes lit up when Steph gave him a deadpan stare. 

"Get up!" Chucky encouraged and pulled on each pigtail making her head swing side to side. This caused him to laugh which she always found adorable. 

"You're lucky you're cute." she stated with a straight face. 

Chucky's hands softly pinched her cheeks and stretched it out a bit. "Where's your smile?"

Steph didn't answer and opted for a shrug instead. 

"Hmm nothing your best buddi can't handle!" Chucky ran to the edge of the bed and jumped down to the floor. Steph laid her head back onto the pillow and stared out her window. She spotted her neighbors holding a BBQ. She zoned out and didn't notice a growing pile on her bed as Chucky made multiple trips back and forth. 

Chucky then carried a small bowl with him and placed his foot onto the stepping stool near the bed and pulled himself back over. He set down the bowl temporarily to arrange his pile around Steph. Once he was satisfied, he picked the bowl back up and walked over towards her. 

"Say ahh." Steph's eyes nearly went cross-eyed as a spoon came into vision filled with chocolate ice cream and sprinkles. She let out a small smile at his antics.

"I see a smile!" Chucky cheered.

 She playfully rolled her eyes and now laid on her side. "Isn't it too early for sweets Chucky?" 

"No such thing. Here!" he brought the spoon closer and she gave in. As she chewed, the chilly ice cream and crunchy sparkles helped to wake her up more. Chucky then grabbed something from her side and she realized a variety of stuffed plushies framed her. 

"What's this?" she asked with a mouthful of ice cream as she sat up and looked around her with the small bowl set on top of her lap. 

Chucky sat against her side with a giant pink unicorn and snuggled close. 

"Since my best buddi is feeling down, I wanted to surround you with happy and sweet things to lift your spirit." Chucky lifted the pink unicorn placing it against Steph's cheek mimicking a kiss. 

Steph's eyes grew glassy a bit and she felt them water. As she finished the ice cream he lovingly gave her, she covered a sob that almost escaped her with a chuckle. She picked him up along with the pink unicorn he held and leaned back against the headboard and held him close to her. Chucky wrapped his free arm around her shoulder and laid his head underneath her jaw. Steph placed her chin on top of his head as her arms tightened around him and the stuffed animal.

"I'll be your cuddle buddi all day." Chucky said sweetly. He then proceeded to sing the Buddi Song to her. Steph took a moment to take it all in. She had ice cream for breakfast, her bed is full of colorful stuffed plushies, her hair done up in colorful pigtails, hugging Chucky and a pink unicorn as he sang to her. She might have looked silly, but he managed to make her happier and forget about her self-doubt and sadness. 

"Thank you Chucky." Steph breathed out and hummed along to the rest of the Buddi Song. 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this short and sweet oneshot. :)