"Discovery"

"Raphael, wait for me!"

The voice of his friend close behind didn't slowed him down much as he jumped over a fallen tree with ease, ducking righ behind it to dodge a bush of berries.

"We are never gonna be home for dinner if you keep falling behind!", he laughed when his friend crawled underneath the bush with laid back ears.

"We are never gonna be home for dinner because you will run into a tree if you won't slow down!", Evie shouted back.

A little smaller than Raphael she laid her head back to glare at him before the corner of her mouth twitched into a smile.

"I will be first!", she yelled while starting to run ahead now, Raphael close behind.

The two chased each other along the path when Raphael suddenly catched something out of the corner of his eye and stopped immediately.

"Evie!", he called his friend back while moving closer.

When he came closer, he discovered it was an old starfighter, rusty, wings broken or bend it was barely anything more than a wreck.

"What is that?", he mumbled when Evie stepped beside him.

"A starfighter", Evie whispered. "It must have crashed here years ago.."

Raphael slowly walked closer and tried to rip away the ivy that grew over the cockpit, wanting to take a look inside through the dull window.

It was empty.

He didn't knew what he expected but breathing suddenly felt easier than before.

"Be careful", Evie warned, but he could feel her by his side, sharing his interest and curiosity.

"I wonder who it belonged to." Raphael brushed over a handful of moss and then picked it off.

It revealed a symbol painted on the once white surface and Raphael's guts seemed to cramp.

Pale and almost washed away the Devaronian Skull framed by two two wings stared back at him.

He had seen it before.

He recognized it.

"I want to go home."

He reached for Evies hand.

"Yes. Me too."

-------------------

Evie belongs to a friend, Raphael is my OC :)