JMA Was a Good School?

What if JMA was actually a good school?

Sunny wandered the halls of JMA, humming under her breath. It was the start of a new school year at JMA, and as usual, things were perfect.

No students had died- WHY WOULD THEY HAVE?? WHAT SORT OF TERRIBLE SCHOOL KILLS DRAGONETS??

No students had been seriously injured- their most serious incident involved some bad scratches after a young Icewing student had gotten a bit careless with their claws, but that was to be expected with so many dragonets running around.

The prey center was under control, no animals were loose, everyone could enjoy a calm, quiet meal without any chickens running loose- that one had taken some tweaking, but the school had been open for several years now, and they had officially gotten the prey center under control.

All of the students were doing wonderful in their classes, respected their teachers, and had even come up with ideas to make their own tribes outside of JMA just as welcoming and wonderful a place as their school.

Dragons even slept in the sleeping caves they were supposed to, and nobody snuck out! There were no harmful pranks, no shenanigans, no hatred between the tribes. It was complete and utter serenity, and exactly what Sunny had wanted all those years ago when she and the other DOD had stood upon the mountain and decided to create a school for all dragons, a school where everybody could have the power of wings of fire.

"Sunny Sunny Sunny!" A small dragonet cried, running up to her.

Ah, that was Giza, one of their new, younger students. Since the school had been so successful and surprisingly unproblematic, parents had started sending their younger dragonets, so they could learn basic skills like how to read and write, and then stay to study when they were older dragons.

"I made you a picture!" Giza exclaimed, handing her a piece of paper. In colorful scribbles, there was a picture of a mountain, and different colored dragons holding talons on the top of it. "THAT'S JMA, and THAT'S all the different dragons I've made friends with here! And THAT-" She pointed to a weirdly shaped dragon in the middle of the mountain. "THAT'S old dragon Stonemover!" Sunny laughed.

"Thanks, Giza, this is awesome! I'll keep it forever!"

"PROMISE?"

"Promise." Giza ran off, and Sunny headed for her office, where she would pin up Giza's drawing next to the other drawings and painting students had given her over the years, all of them wanting to show their appreciation for all the hard work she and her friends had done to make the school a wonderful, caring, beautiful school where nothing bad ever happened, and students learned to their hearts content and created world peace because of it, and Starflight could read his scrolls and Tsunami could teach self-defense and Glory could teach about what it was like to be queen and Clay could juggle cows and eat as much as he wanted and Stonemover was happy to be a source of stories for all the younger dragonets and Meerkat scales's sparkled in cavelight and EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT AND-

"SUNNY WAKE UP."

Sunny snapped awake. Clay was standing before her, covered in what looked like smashed fruits, something smelled like it was burning, and dragons were shrieking in the distance.

"THERE WAS A FIRE IN THE PREY CENTER AND THE CHICKENS GOT OUT AND I THINK ONE OF THE SEAWINGS STUDENTS DIED." Sunny stared at him.

This. This was reality.

But three moons, did she love that fantasy-