All The DOD's Children were LGBTQ+?

What if all the DoD's kids were gay?

Jade Mountain Academy, as everyone knows, does one thing well, and one thing only.

And that thing is making dragons fall in love.

The students may graduate not knowing how to read, but they'll definitely be in love, and isn't that more important?

Air certainly thought so.

She loved JMA already. She had made fast friends with the other dragons in her Winglet, and more importantly, one of her clawmates was REALLY CUTE.

Yes, she thought Carnelian was cute. Yes, she knows how crazy it sounds. No, she does not care.

Joy thought she had lost her mind and had dragged her to the infirmary to get her head checked out. Clay had only laughed and said she was fine, because Air knew what she was doing.

She knew that Carnelian, despite her hostile outer shell, was a sweetheart deep, deep down.

And she was going to find that soft side if it killed her. 

Carnelian had rejected her at first, of course. 

"No." Carnelian said flatly. 

"Why noootttt?" Air whined, smiling.

"You're not my type." Carnelian told her.

"Is it because I'm a girl?"

"No, it's because I don't date dragons that are so...." She poked Air. "Huggable." Air grinned wider.

"You think I'm huggable?"

"That was not meant to be a compliment-" Her words were cut off as Air hugged her. "Oh. I guess this is happening-"

"Yes it is."

"This is very uncomfortable."

"Ssssshhhhh, just enjoy it, Carnelian." Air hugged her tighter and Carnelian stayed there, frozen. "If you want me to stop, all you have to do is tell me."

"....Shut up."

"I knew you loved hugs."

"If I go out with you, you have to promise never to do this again."

"DONE."

Air didn't keep the promise, but Carnelian wasn't exactly heartbroken over it. They both got a girlfriend out of the deal after all. The day they made their relationship official though, Joy requested a different sleeping cave.

She was NOT gonna be a third wheel in that cave.

Sunny understood that, so she moved Joy into a different cave with a Rainwing named Lei. The two of them became best friends of course, and then quickly a badass couple.

But while Joy had lots of friends in JMA, there were a few dragons she didn't always get along with.

90% of those dragons were named Seashell. They fought all the time. Especially when they had a reason to.

They were in the art cave with Kelp, Rainkeeper, and Nightflyer one day when Seashell went to grab more paint. The paint happened to be on a high shelf, and she had accidentally knocked off a can, only for it to land on Joy and spill paint on her.

Insert war.

"YOU ARE SUCH A LITTLE-" Joy tackled Seashell to the floor and they both started yelling and screaming at each other. Seashell started throwing paintbrushes. Joy smashed a canvas over Seashell's head. Rainkeeper and Nightflyer sat back and passed snacks back and forth. Nobody went for a teacher.