Episode 1

The sound of running water made me stir, waking me from my sleep.

Huh? I thought. I looked around and saw that I'm not in my room nor am I in my house. I was at clearing beside a waterfall, filled with trees and flowers. But what shocked me more was what I could see above.

"The stars." I uttered, loosing myself to the wonderful view of the stars that I long for so much. "This is beautiful." I smiled. Now this is a view worth climbing.

I don't know why, but I feel immense contentment just gazing up at the night sky. I never knew real stars could shine this brightly.

Ever so often, I go to the roof to gaze at the artificial 'stars' that the floor provides us with, and I am telling you, that artificial sky was nothing compared to the real deal.

The breath taking view of millions of twinkling stars gazing down at you with the sound of water cascading down the falls gives off a serene vibe that'll make you want to gaze at them forever. And I'm going to do so as soon as I climb the tower.

Raising up my hand with only my index finger standing, I traced the constellations I read about in the hundreds of book I've read about stars.

"That's Orion's Belt!" I exclaim happily. The Orion's Belt was my favorite constellation due to it having the two of the ten brightest stars in the universe. First is the red giant, Betelgeuse, and second is the blue supergiant, Rigel.

Sighing contently, I brought down my hand and put both of my hands at the back of my head to act as a pillow and silently gazed at the sky.

I'm not gonna get tired of this. I thought to myself. If this was a dream, then the fact that my subconscious showed me what it would be like to see the stars firsthand skyrocketed my determination to go up the tower and see this view myself. And no one's gonna stop me.

"Sarai." someone called. I sat up and looked around curiously. I don't see anyone here though.

"Sarai." I hear again. This time, I stood up and walked across the clearing to the trees to see if someone was hiding from me, and saw no one.

I scrunch my eyebrows together and hummed, a habit of mine when I was confused, and walked towards the river that the water from the falls goes to.

I looked down and saw no one but my reflection. I see my light brown hair with natural blonde highlights, a trait I got from my mother and my father, and my yellow-orange hued eyes.

Father always told me that I look so much like my mother that I only got my blonde highlights and eye color from him. Maybe that's why he loves me so much.

Before, he always tells me bedtime stories about how he courted my mom before but got rejected because she was infatuated with another man, but in time, my mother went back to him. Long story short, they had me then mom disappeared. Sad, huh?

Sometimes I wonder if my mom really loved me, or dad. If she loves us, she wouldn't run away, right? But why would she have me if she didn't want me?

My mini flashbacks blinded me from seeing the person swimming up to me. To say I'm shocked was an understatement.

As I crouched and looked down at the woman, her hand reached up as she held my face tightly and looked at me with glazed eyes. Getting scared with the close proximity of her face to mine, I tried to back up and get on much higher grounds, but failed.

She's stronger than she looks.

"Sarai," the woman cooed at me with gentle golden eyes. Like me, she also has brown hair, but with a darker shade.