Episode 3

3 years later.

18th Floor

Dusting dirt off of my hands, I look down on my opponent. Her brown, apple cut hair was hiding her face away from me, but her pants blow away a portion of her hair for me to see her sharp, brown eyes.

"Are we done here?" I ask calmly. Though I was frustrated in her constant search for me in the test, I also want to leave and proceed to the next floor.

And yes, we are currently taking a floor test. This test is about narrowing down 100 contestants to 50, much like the floor test on Evankhell's floor. And that was like? 16 floors ago. Can't they think of other tests?

Anyway, before the test even began, I sensed a glare from the group of people to my right. One of them was the person I'm battling with right now. Well, battled, because it looked like she can't stand anymore.

I let out a sigh and crouch in front of her. Holding out a hand, I tried to help her stand up, but she pried my hands away from her and scrambled to her feet.

"I don't need your help." she said with a glare. What? I'm not the one who picked the fight.

Staggering when she moved a foot, I went to her and put her hands over my shoulders as I help her stand up. "I said I don't need your help!" with a hard voice, she tried to pry her hand away from my shoulder, and when she finally did, she tried to walk away from me. Note the word tried.

With just a step, her knees wobbled 'til she finally collapsed. Sighing again from her stubbornness, I helped her up again. This time, I hardened my grip, not hard enough to hurt her, but just enough to not let her get away.

"Good Evening, Regulars." a voice stopped me in my tracks. I was about to walk towards a fallen tree trunk when the test administrator's voice boomed through her lighthouse.

"The number of participants has been narrowed down to 50. Fighting is now prohibited and those who will be caught fighting will be disqualified." she said with a curt voice.

"We don't have to fight anymore." I said to the girl. I looked at her again and saw that her height is only above my shoulders a teenie tiny bit.

I couldn't hide the grin that formed on lips. Wow! I'm taller than someone. That's new. I think to myself. You see, I wasn't seen as the tallest in the bunch. I only tower a number of kids and that's saying something! So looking at someone who's probably my age that's smaller than me made me happy. But just a tiny bit.

"I did beat her up anyway."  I sweatdropped.

"What are you laughing at?" Oh! She heard me?  "Take that grin off of your face before I take it off for you" she sneered.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I said with a wave of my hands. But because of that, I let go of her and she fell down. Again.

"I'm really really sorry, Miss! I didn't mean to let go of you." Flustered, scurried her again to her feet and put her hand around my shoulders, with me half carrying her.

Clicking her tongue, she rolled her eyes and looked the other way.

"Just don't drop me again." wiping and imaginary tear away from my eyes, I looked at her with determination and muttered a "yes!" quite excitedly, but I stopped myself from getting more excited because looking at her, she seemed like someone who doesn't ask for help.