Episode 7

"One more order of sweet and sour pork, please!"

I raised my hand and said my order to the waiter. He nodded at me as he went to the counter and told my order.

Sighing wistfully, I recall everything that's happened these past few days. It's been quite boring without the team, yet, it feels refreshing.

Don't take it the wrong way though. I miss my team, but having time to yourself gives you time to think and to contemplate your plans. My only plan was to climb up the tower and see the stars. But when I met them, everything changed. Now, what I want to is not only see the stars, but to climb the tower with the unconventional family I've grown to love, as well as finding my half-brother, meeting my step-sisters and finally seeing my mother. But what I yearn most of all is to see father looking at me with pride.

All of the time I spent with father, he would always train with me. But everytime I fight him and somewhat injure or hit him, he would always look at me proudly. But when the first time I stood up to him and scold him about his plans on a floor that I don't think isn't best for the regulars, he would always chuckle and say to me that I'm the first one who fought for the rights of his people to him. And you know what made me smile? It's when he ruffled my hair, he changed the plan amd converted it to a better one.

Hmm. Now that I thought of it, getting out of the mansion to climb up the tower is the only thing I decided to do for myself. I would always do and obey what father told me because I know he's doing it to protect me, but I want to do something for myself now.

Is it selfish of me to do something for myself? No. Because everyone needs a little self-love to stay sane.

"Here's your order, miss!"

The waiter put down my third bowl of sweet and sour pork. I gave him a small thanks and bowed slightly.

Gobbling up my food, I called for the waiter and paid for my meal. I also gave him a little tip as a thank you.

Walking out, I wasn't looking at the direction I'm going to,  so I did what a normal female protagonist of a story would do. Bump on a stranger and fall on my ass.

"Ow, it hurts." I mumble to myself while slightly rubbing butt.

The man immediately crouched down and offered to help me up. "I'm so sorry, miss." He apologizes. His voice seems familiar, but my attention was on the bag that I accidentally let go of when this guy bumped into me.

"I wasn't looking where I-- Sarai?"

Huh?

At the mention of my name, I looked at the man and saw a wide-eyed Wangnan.

"Wangnan Ja!" I tackled him with a hug.

He groaned as he fell on his butt as well by the impact of my body to his.

Chuckling at me, he ruffled my hair as I dust the dirt away from my body.

"What are you still doing here, Sarai?" Wangnan asked, confused. "I was so sure that you'll pass the test with flying colors, but you're still here."

Gesturing my hand to his, I helped him up. I gave him a sheepish smile and put my hands behind me.

"Only eight can pass the test, right?" He nodded at me. "I have eight other teammates who advanced, and that's good enough for me." I smiled at him.

He ruffled my hair again. This time, I protested with a groan and he chuckled at me. "You're a nice friend to have around."

I smiled at his compliment.