Chapter 11: The Breakout

Lorna's P.O.V

The wick of the lantern burns brightly. As soon as it burns, all the other candles lighting the house go out.

Something covers the light from the lantern, and Auntie and I are plunged into darkness. I try to yell out for her, but a deep voice calls out, "Silence!" And I find I cannot speak.

I cannot move.

All I can do is stand there as noises erupt around me. I hear things breaking, something moaning, and the ceiling above us cracking.

Then I am temporarily blinded by white. When I can again see, I find that all I can see at all is two white orbs, which seem to be floating in midair. Of course, they may be attached to something, but it is too dark to see.

Then the lantern is lifted, and I can make out a shape. Some terrible, horrible creature with what looks like antlers stands before me. "Hello, madam. I know I promised you no harm, but you are too useful to leave behind."

The form moves towards me, and I am frozen still. I scream, but hear nothing. Then the thing has me, and I black out.

------------------
Hey guys! Sorry about the short chapter. I am happy to say I am figuring out where I'm going with this story! :) Also I'm happy to say that this book has almost 1,000 views. 1,000. That blew my mind. If we can get there, I might explode. That you guys for reading, likeing, and commenting!! Happy reading! :)