Chapter Eighteen

I woke up the next morning and for the first time Marcus was still laying next to me. I wasnt feeling like my usual self but I got up and decided to fix breakfast after I tended to my usual morning activities.

I walked down stairs and started cooking omlets. Marcus walked down a few seconds after I was done and sat at the table.

"Good morning beautiful"

"Good morning."

"What you making?"

"Steak omlet." I said as I placed his plate in front of him with a glass of orange juice.

"Umm.. you know how much I love your cooking."

I sat down across the table from him.

"I know it."

We ate breakfast together before Marcus had to leave for work or so I believe. I went and took a shower and got dressed. I put on a pair of skinny jeans, a tan shirt and a pair of fringe boots.

I heard my phone ring on the nightstand ..

"I came out looking to party and now Im owning that building, you bitches cant get my spot until I start raising some children, these bitches all in they feelings cant fuck with Nicki they know it, they know that Nicki a po' it, pop me a bottle of moet, they say I couldnt, but I did it doe, tell I still got that hourglass figure doe, cant stop me, dont watch me, you betta just watch yo nigga hoe.."

I put my hair in a bun and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lauren!"

"Hey Stace."

"What do you have planned today?"

"Honestly.. nothing, whats up?"

"I need to go shopping, you wanna come?"

"I could use a new wardrobe."

"Alright its a date, meet me at my house, we can take my car."

"Alright."

I grabbed my coat and keys as I headed out the door.

I parked my car in Stacy's driveway and got out.

"Stacy, Im here!" I yelled as I walked in.

"Im coming!" I heard her yell from the back.

I sat down on the couch and waited. I heard the slide door of the patio open and close.

"Whats up Lauren."

"Hey Evan."

Stacy walked in wearing a pair of white jeans and a black maxi dress shirt.

"You ready gurl or do you need to finish talking to your man Evan?"

I laughed as I got up off the chair.

"Im ready gurl."

"Aight lets go then."

We walked out the door.

We drove for about an hour until we reached the mall. We got out and went in.

"What type of outfit you looking for?" I asked Stacy.

"I dont know yet, I might just buy whatever I like."

We walked into Saks Fifth and scanned the store. Stacy and I split up in diffrent directions as we looked around. A little while later she came back..

"So.. tell me why these bitches staring you down."

I looked up to see this slim, pecan skin complextion woman standing across the room with a dark skin woman.