Chapter 28

On the fourth day Draco had arrived at Grimmould Place, Harry and Remus went to Diagon Alley to collect their school supplies, leaving Draco and Sirius alone in the huge empty house. The fire still crackled, alive with Sirius' magic with a trace of Remus'. After they had left, Sirius came into the room with some tea and sat on the edge of the couch Draco was on, handing him the mug which Draco took gratefully, warming his hands.

"So, Draco," he began, drawing out the vowels. "you and Harry huh?" he asked, the grin on his face contagious. Draco snorted into his tea, trying to control his features before answering. He couldn't stop the slight smile that spread across his face.

"Well, yes." He stuttered, his cheeks turning a light pink. "I love him." He said quietly, and lifted his chin. Sirius wiggled his eyebrows, making Draco snort into his tea again. Then his expression turned serious.

"But Draco, I want to talk to you about something." Draco nodded and swallowed, taking in the grave tone. "I know what it's like, to run away from home at a young age." I did it myself, when I was 16." Draco looked up in surprise.

"I never knew-" Sirius nodded.

"My family was like yours. Actually, my family, kind of is yours." He tilted his head as he thought. "Wait – you're my... nephew! Welcome to the good side of the family." He grinned, a smile full of sadness at the thought of family.

As they talked, Draco felt a warmness grow in his stomach, a peculiar softness to it. He had found his real family, one that loved him, and now he was free.