Chapter 1 - Where am I?

Y/N L/N woke up to the delightful chirping of birds. Well, she hadn't fully woken up; her eyes were still closed. But she wasn't asleep. As the gentle, faint rays of sunlight kissed her eyelids, she began to become more aware of her surroundings. She reached over to her left with her right hand, in attempt to pull off her blanket. Instead, her eyebrows furrowed when she felt a wet substance crumble in her hand. Her eyes shot open.

"Where am I?" Y/N thought, half in shock and half in awe.

And in awe she was right to be. She was in the middle of an endless clump of trees. But shock soon overtook her face. She was sitting on a moist lump of snow. It wasn't even winter yet!
"Perhaps it's a dream," she thought, remembering something her friend told her about lucid dreaming.
Then, she did something that she had seen people do in movies. She pinched herself, to find out whether or not she was dreaming. She flinched when she felt her own fingers nicking the skin on her other arm.

She sat there for a few minutes, completely still, taking in her surroundings. On her right stood a beautiful lamp post. She looked up at it, feeling utterly unimportant in comparison to it. The rod was a cold metal, and so large that she had to move to look around it. The light glowing from within the lantern was strangely enough to warm her up. It also gave her a little more confidence. She slowly stood up, tearing her gaze off the lamp post. As soon as she did, she began to shiver furiously. She wasn't wearing any warm clothes. Why would she be? It was only summer, after all. At least it was, yesterday.
"I have to get out of here." Her internal voice sounded determined.

She decided to start further into the forest. She walked on for a few minutes, although it seemed like hours, but found nothing. Not that she was sure what exactly she was looking for.
"Surely I might come across some means of direction." Y/N's thoughts made her even more nervous.
"Or maybe I'll ask for help, if I ever find another person."

Y/N was beginning to lose hope. She decided to distract herself. That was not very difficult. The wood was truly gorgeous. One could get lost in its handsomeness forever. And Y/N did get lost in it. She stopped walking for a good ten minutes just to admire the trees. This sudden interest in the great outdoors shocked Y/N - it had come out of nowhere. But she couldn't blame herself; the beauty of her whereabouts was incomparable, not only visually. The smell of moist wood filled her nostrils. The birds were still chirping, but they grew softer and softer, the more Y/N walked.

Y/N was still shivering vigorously - it was a wonder that she hadn't frozen to death yet, seeing as she'd probably been there the whole night. Common sense told her to go back to the lamp post, where she had at least felt warmer. And she would've followed it, had it not been for a shrill scream that filled the air.