Chapter 13: Who Knew Sea Water Was Great for Blossoming Ro...ses!

I open my eyes to find myself in a familiar predicament. Instead of on a bed in a ship. I found myself in the red room. I look around to find Cindias in the middle of the room. But one thing I notice is more detail on the wall and the floor. even a clearer image of the fire alpha himself.

"I can sense that you are closer than before," I hear the man in question say, as he gazes at me. His bright orange eyes gazing at me intently.

"Yes, I guess so," he chuckles. But he stops to sniff the air, and I see a smile appear.

"Seawater, you're practically here," he tries to stand, but his face scrunches in pain, forcing him to sit down.

"Cindias?" I rush towards him, but I hear him snarl at me.

"Stay back!" I back up, I see him try to summon some fire magic. But it sputters out after a few seconds.

"What's happening?" I ask him.

"My magic's fading," he whispers. I gaze at him in shock. How could someone lose their magic? But I hear a burst of dry laughter emanate from his mouth.

"Of course they would want me weakened, make it easier for them to take it," he snarls and pounds the ground so hard it cracks. He sighs and turns to me.

"You need to know, not everyone is trustworthy, even those that seem to help, they will only backstab you in the end," I kneel in front of him.

"Ok, I'll remember, we'll help you," he forces a smile as I feel myself wake up as I hear footsteps coming.

"Go" I hear him say as the image fades.

I wake with a start, to find myself back on the boat. I ponder what happens, Cindias is close, but I have a feeling that he isn't in the red room by choice. Trapped where his magic is fading.

Sighing, I get up, put on a robe, and walk onto the main deck.

It's well past midnight, but it certainly is beautiful. A crescent moon surrounded by thousands of twinkling stars. I stand towards the edge. Little did I know that someone else was awake.

"Couldn't sleep?" I turn around, but couldn't see who it was, but I could recognize the voice.

"I could ask the same of you Raina," I reply as she chuckles and lights a small lantern. Just showing the two of us on the deck.

"Touché," she chuckles, leaning on the side of the boat next to me. I gaze at the brunette for a few seconds, then turn to look out at the ocean. Thinking about the dream with Cindias;

"He's in trouble," I say out loud, Raina turns to me in confusion. So, I tell her about what happened to Cindias.

She was shaken, to say the least;

"Did he have chains wrapped around him?" she asks, I shake my head. She sighs but is still a little confused.

"But, these visions, they aren't very reliable, I didn't even realize that he was Cindias for months!" she nods but looks out at the sea again.

"Well, just know that we're here to help you, and Cindias," she replies, but that makes me think of something he said earlier.

"He said... 'not everyone is trustworthy, even those that seem to help'," we both falter at those words.

"So we can't trust everyone, but what else is new," she exclaims, I look at her skeptically. To which she tones down slightly and turns to me.

"But, I'm not working against you, I want to help you, really," I look into her eyes, but deep down. I know she's telling the truth. I turn to fully face her.

"Alright, I believe you," I smile at her, she returns one as well.

"But, I did come up here for more than just to get some fresh air," she speaks up suddenly.

"Ok, what's up? Reveling in the fact that we're on a boat, or is your brother starting to drive you crazy?" I ask, to which she giggles a little. So infectious it starts to bleed into me. We stand there laughing for a few solid minutes. Before Raina stops herself enough to let out a few words.

"No, he's been doing that all his life," she replies.

"But that's not why I came up, or why I wanted to talk to you," I hear her sigh as if prepping herself to say something deep.

"I want to say thank you," I turn to her intrigued. She sighs again, a very determined look on her face.

"For... most of my life, it's been the same, being with my family in Viritore, training to become a warrior or lead an army, it was all very..." she trails off.

"Mundane?" I ask her.

"...Yea!" she affirms, then turns to me and grabs one of my hands.

"But, when I got the assignment, and I met you, it was all so different, but... a good different, don't get me wrong. I felt amazing spending those weeks with you on Mortealum, it all felt so... right!" she starts.

"And then you came here, and I don't know... I felt scared when you were scared, angry when you were, I was happy just thinking about you," I feel her grip on my hand tighten as I grasp what she's getting at.

"When you walk into a room, I feel happier, I can't help but smile. I can understand you like I understand no one else. Dawn!" she stops as if realizing how close we were, and what she was saying.

"Dawn..." she starts again.

"I think I love you," at that, it seems as though time itself stopped to see what would happen. Raina immediately starts blushing and starts to back away. But, I still have a grip on her hand, she looks up at me.

"Raina... I love you too," I smile, as she comes to terms with what I said.

Suddenly she leaps on top of me and tackles me into a hug. We sit there for a few seconds before I decide to take it further. I turn her face towards mine and seal the gap between us. We start to pull each other closer, savoring the moment. Until we part for air, a dopey grin on both of our faces.

"We should probably head back," I say, breaking the silence between us. She nods and extends her arm, which I take as we head back to bed.

Before we got in our respective beds, I give Raina a small peck on the cheek before getting under the covers. A smile still on my face.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

I just have one thing to say...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! 

*coughs* Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter. Please vote, comment your opinion, or some feedback, and follow if you haven't. And I will see you next week.

Your Obedient Writer,

Alex, TheLonelyThespian.