7 | The Ball

When we get to the carriage Lafayette, Philip and another crew member by the name of Henry are patiently waiting

We arrive to the ball held at an extravagant mansion in the hills. Lafayette extends his arm for Catherine as they confidently walk up the stairs and through the double doors. Philip, the teenage cabin boy extends his for me. "M'lady"

I only stare at him.

"Oh come on." He scrunched his nose.

We stare at each other for a moment. "Fine. If not for you than for me, a favor! I'd look good with a beauty like you on my arm." He smirks.

Even though he's younger than me, he's tall. The same height as me, if not an inch taller. "Do you not understand the meaning of being to old for you. I don't think I should be walking in with a little boy on my arm."

"Little boy," he scoffs "Little boy! I'm not little and that doesn't even matter. Age is only a number. All the old men in their probably have a woman 10 years younger than them. Besides, what, you're gonna walk in there by yourself?"

I sigh and look away.

"Isabella, you'd look even more ravishing with a youth, such as I, escorting you to the ball." He deepens his voice and winks.

I glare at him again.

"Ugh just come on, so neither of us have to go in by ourselves." He grabs my hand and places it on his arm as we walk through the tall double doors.

"Such a gentleman." I say sarcastically.

"I've been told." Philip smirks again, his bright blue eyes lighting up.

This was a different type of party than the ones on the island, as expected, Angelo warned me.

Everyone was dressed up in elegant clothing, women in dresses and men in suits. They held champagne and wine glasses while socializing.

The large room had circular tables with extravagant center peices on either side. In the center layed a shiny, polished dance floor with a massive yet fragile looking diamond chandelier hanging high above.

The entire scenery felt out of my league, I only hope I didn't awkwardly stick out as much as I thought I did.

"You've ever been to one of these?" I ask Philip, still resting my hand on his arm.

"As an assistant waiter, not as a guest." He looks around intrigued. "I assume you haven't either."

"No." I look around in admiration at all the beautiful women. Some whom look like antique pale porcelain dolls, others with the dark glowing skin of diamonds and every shade inbetween.

We walked into the crowd, Philip easily began socializing with everyone else. I let go of his arm and walked towards Catherine who was with a group of other females.