8 | A Brawl

I wished to have never heard that voice again, in all the days I lived

Angelo turns around, annoyed, and comes face to face with the man who raped and emotionally abused me. The man I escaped and ran away from.

Did I really think escaping him would be this easy?

"Isabella." He smiles that fake smile he used on my mother. That disturbing smile that fooled almost everyone. That awful smile that hid the cold truth.

Angelo knows better than to fall for that facade.

"Engaged?" He asks while looking between us genuinely confused. A look of almost betrayal flashes through his green eyes.

"Yes, this is my fiance." He says proudly, as if he loved me.

Angelo looks to me, arching a brow "I wasn't aware."

"Well now you know, she's mine." James states more stern.

Angelo doesn't break his gase from me "Oh, my apologies. " He says with a very unapologetic tone: he's not sorry.

I shake my head no, trying to show some type of sign that I need help.

We are not engaged.

I am no fiance.

I belong to no man.

And those thoughts finally come out in words. "I am not your fiance."

Angelo smirks at my sudden act of boldness. No woman would dare speak to a man of such high status in such a tone, at least publicly.

"Excuse me?"

"Must I say it in spanish?" I ask sarcastically, well aware James doesn't like when I don't speak english. Speaking another language he doesn't understand irritates him, I learned that quick.

He switches to an innocent and sweet tone "Sweetheart, what do you ever mean?"

"You know what I mean." I release myself from his tight grip and find myself moving towards Angelo. Now, I have captured the attention of some people nearby. "I left you for a reason."

"Pardon?"

"Yes, pardon?" I mock him, surprising myself of my sudden act of boldness.

"We're soon to be married, where is this all coming from?" He acts like a heartbroken man while stepping towards me with pleading arms.

"You are an awful man." I scoff while stepping away from him, my body begins to feel the warmth and comfort of Angelo behind me "and we are nothing. We never were."

His face switches from heartbreak to anger. "Let's talk this out somewhere more private."

"Their is nothing to talk about."