Part 9

It was not easy to convince the king to go outside the palace and greet his subjects even just for a few hours. Even his astrologers are calculate the stars for good sign. It was very importance that the king to greet his subject and let them know that he love them and care for their well being. In the end the king agreed.

The priest chose a good date and time for the celebration. For the king's safety there were gurds are placed all over the city and the four gates and bridges. East, West, South and North gates and bridges. The king will leave the palace from the East gate and cross the bridge. By crossing the moat around the palace and it's city. Which is always used for good deed. Such as funeral or carring dead people are forbidden to cross that east bridge. Only west gate and bridge are used for such deeds.

And there was one request that the queen asked for the king. Which was, there were be four golden post box will be place on each end of the bridge and the boxes should be locked. So that the citizen could  write a letter to the king about their wishes and wills and put it in the golden post boxes. And the king will read and decide. And he will take an action by the right law.

On a bright and beautiful sunny day of April, the happy king sail in the moat on his ship like raft decorated with gold leaves with his queen. For celebration like this Dine Khin Khin was not worthy and her so call friends and family are now left her side knowing she'll soon be remove by the queen.

The moat was filled with lilies and on the left side of the moat people gathered to greed their king. Bowing and shouting to the king such as " God bless the king" or " Long live the king." On the raft there were traditional band and music playing, girls are dancing. Some are serving drink and food to him and the queen saying nice things to him like " The people love you. They adore you. You are so good to them." The king was having a time of his life. His beautiful young wife waiting for him at the palace and his head queen is being extra niceto him and the people love him. The king waving and smiling back at his subject. He was having a great time.

After the raft sail away, the people start to run for the golden post boxes and put their letters to their king. Happily rush to watch a play burmese tradition opera and dance provided by the king. The celebration is ended at the sunset. The king and his queen left to the palace. The guards carried the golden post boxes back to the palace.

At the palace the adviser and minister are open the boxes infront of the king and read for him while he smoke his cigar. There were so many letters. Letters from  widows that begging the king to reduce the taxes and complaints about the mayor's unjustic punishment. And complaints about the soldiers taking young women and without their consent and rapping them. The king listened while smoking his cigar but when he heard a complaint about Ya Noung Prince he was shaken a bit.

A letter saying that Ya Noung Prince is using his power unjustly. The king ask who wrote that letter and there was no name written on it. The king smile and ask to read another letters. He would not care for the letter written by no one. A minute later there was another letter complaining about Ya Noung Prince. And another letter complaining that Pin Tha Prince and Minister of Bangan are planing for treason. They will joine in hand with the exile Nyoung Yan Prince and Nyoung Auk Prince. They will exile for treason and killing their uncle a brother of King Thi Baw 's father for being in line of the throne. Pin Tha Prince and Minister Of Bagan will be joining with the exile princes.

Now, the king can not smile anymore. He had put out the light of his cigar.