33.

C H A P T E R
THIRTY-THREE:

"I love you so much Jungkook,"

Those were the words that spilled out of Kim Taehyung's lips. Taehyung freezes. And so does Jungkook. Both of their bodies falling limp at the process of Taehyung's words in their brain. Did...did Taehyung really just say that he loved Jungkook? Yes. And did he mean it? Yes. Was he scared for Jungkook's reaction yes? Did Jungkook really believe that Taehyung meant it? No. Was Jungkook happy with how the words spilled out of Taehyung's mouth? Oddly, Jungkook wished that Taehyung had never said those six words.

Why? Well, the reason being that Jungkook wanted something more special. Something more raw, and something more real. And Jungkook knew, oh how Jungkook already knew that Taehyung cared for him more than a friend. Even a blind man would be able to see just how much Taehyung felt for Jungkook. But...it was sad because Taehyung didn't acknowledge his own feelings. He just let them brew and continue to heat up, but now, his emotions were bleeding out of him like a stab wound, and he didn't know what to do. And Jungkook didn't know how to respond.

Jungkook's mind runs to places that he didn't know he could be, his heart beating like he had just finished running a marathon with no water breaks, his body sweating, breaths deep and heavy, fingers shaking. How does he even respond to the boy he loves expressing his own emotions? It was hard, it was hard for the cherry haired boy, he didn't expect any of this to happen, but now it did. And some fleeting emotion, made Jungkook, for once, not regret anything. For once, Jungkook wanted to reassure Taehyung, and tell the older boy that it was okay to love.

But yet, even with the words in his mind, he couldn't bring himself to let the words fall out. They were there, most definitely, but they were also stuck. Like a vending machine, when the piece of candy you paid for had just got stuck, and now you were staring mindlessly through the glass screen, staring at the candy you paid for with sadness. Now you were regretting sticking money in the damn vending machine because you just wasted money that you probably could have spent on something or someone else. Jungkook felt like Taehyung was staring at Jungkook mindlessly, regretting buying his heart because the cherry haired boy was finding difficulty trying to express his own words.

And when Jungkook thought about it, he didn't want that. And he knew what he had to do. And he knew what Taehyung had to do. Taehyung couldn't just give up, Taehyung had to give a few slams to the machine, to make it shake and then the candy had to be released, and that's what Jungkook wanted. But in that moment, he realised that Taehyung wouldn't be able to urge him, the cherry haired boy had to do it himself.

And that's what he was going to do.

Naked bodies pressed together, sheen of sweat connecting the both of them, skin pressing on skin.

Taehyung swears that Jungkook can feel his heartbeat rapidly beating irregularly. Taehyung's hands slither to around Jungkook's waist, holding the smaller naked boy in his hands. He didn't want to look at Jungkook. Maybe if they tried ignoring it, it would seem like Taehyung didn't say those words at all...but...but yet, Taehyung felt some sort of relief wash over him, like he just admitted to revealing his deepest, darkest secret, but at the same time, admitted to something that was standing so clear and bright in the sunlight.

But how does one recover from blurting out a jumble of words that just admitted his feelings to Jungkook? Well, simple, you don't. You just work from it. And as Taehyung laid there, with his pretty bunny sprawled across his own body, the smaller boy taking deep breaths and pants, Taehyung saw that...maybe he needed to say it out loud to realise how much he loved the boy on top of him. To see how beautiful Jungkook was, inside and out, like a pretty, blossoming flower.