chapter 16

⚠️⚠️angst feelings and violence warning⚠️⚠️

george woke up suddenly, and it was still dark in the hotel room. "dream." he turned towards dream, but no one was there. "dream?"

he sat up. "dream?"

george got out of the bed, he still had his high waisted, dark blue jeans on, and still no shirt. the room was cold, so he put on his shirt and hoodie before opening the hotel room door.

the entire hotel was dark. not a single light except one at the very end of the hallway. it looked like a candle flame. curiously, george walked towards it.

the hallway got colder as he walked down it, and the smell got worse. "dream?"

when he finally got to the light, it was behind a door, and he saw it through the keyhole. he tried to twist the doorknob, but it was locked. "wha-"

the hallway shortened and an orangish-red light filled what was now a room. george recognized it.

"no.." he saw the broken down table, the bathroom, the wallaper with the stains.

he slammed his fists on the door. "dream!"

"dream?" he attempted to twist the doorknob, then heard dreams sobs on the other side.

"george. please say something."

george beat on the door. "dream im here!"

dream cried harder. then, a gunshot.

"dream!" george screamed his name, his eyes welling with tears.

the door opened and their kidnapper was standing in front of him with a gun. "hes gone, kid."

george just stared in fear.

"he never cared about you anyway."

tears streamed down georges cheeks. "thats not true,"

"oh yeah?" the man pulled a key out of dreams pocket, and it fit perfectly into the keyhole. "he let you die."

"no, he couldnt find the key.. he was just crying-"

"he wanted you dead."

"dead?" george looked down and saw himself. he was scrawny, like he was nothing but bones and skin and his head was laying in a pool of bloody vomit. georges heart fell, and he felt sick. "theres no way-" george stared at his corpse. his lips were dry and had yellow crust in the corners. right by his hand was the tile that the key was under.

just then, dream stood up, blood dripping from his head. "hes right, george. youre a waste of time. you really thought i loved you? youre a fool."

more tears streamed out of georges eyes. "you never loved me?"

"no. youre so naive. i kept giving you signs. did you not notice? i literally pushed you off of me."

-

george sat up fast in a cold sweat. the hotel room was still dark, and georges heart pounded faster.

dreams eyes opened at the sudden movement from the other side of the bed. "george?"

"dream?" george sobbed out his name, and dream sat up immediately and turned towards him.

george just fell into his arms, and sobbed into his chest. "do you love me?"

dream was shocked by the question. "of course, yes." dream put his hand on the back of georges head. "what happened?"

george ignored the question.