TWENTY-TWO: Living Out of Cases

Briley's POV

    It's Friday morning. The whole week has already passed and I still haven't received the LFA letter from my mom. Oh well. I guess it'll just come while Harry and I are away at his mom's house and Louis can give it to me when we get back.

    I'm so excited to be going to Harry's hometown for the weekend. I'm not only excited because Harry and I haven't gotten to spend any time away from the boys since Paris, but I'm also excited to see the place he grew up and learn what makes him who he is. I'm both nervous and excited to meet his mom. We spoke briefly over the phone the other day and she seems absolutely lovely. I really hope she likes me.

    Harry was adamant about driving us himself. He called Simon earlier this week when the plans were officially sorted out and Simon tried to arrange a driver to take us. Harry insisted he drive himself. He said he loves road trips and he argued that if we had a driver drive us it "wouldn't feel as authentic". I think it's cute when he's particular. Nonetheless, Simon arranged for two security guards to accompany us on the trip. They will be following us in their own car on the way there and back and will be staying in a hotel nearby.

    "Princess? Ready?" Harry asks me, walking out of his closet carrying his own suitcase. I nod and zip mine up. I stand up and before I can even reach down to grab my suitcase, Harry takes it for me.

    "Oh, I can get it. You don't have to." I tell him. He smiles and kisses me once.

    "I got it." he says. I smile and follow him down the stairs. Louis stands up from the couch.

    "Do you two need anything before you go?" Louis asks. I can tell Louis is feeling a bit of separation anxiety from Harry already. It's cute how much they rely on each other. Louis would never tell, but he needs Harry just as much as Harry needs him, if not more. They really are the closest best friends I have ever met. If I weren't in the picture, I'd even go as far as to say Louis is Harry's (platonic) soulmate. Harry gives Louis a big hug.

    "I think we've got everything, Lou. Thank you." Harry says. Louis smiles and releases Harry.

    "Alright. Have fun. Give Anne my love." Louis says, sounding slightly sad but obviously desperately trying to hide it. Harry hugs him again.

    "Three days. We'll be back Sunday night." Harry assures him.

    "Drive safe, please. I mean it." Louis says. Harry laughs and pulls out of the hug, grabbing the suitcases again.

    "You worry too much. I'll be fine, mum!" Harry teases. Louis rolls his eyes and motions for me to give him a hug. I do and he holds me tightly.

    "Don't be nervous. Anne is the best and she's going to absolutely love you." he says, swaying me a little.

    "Love you, Lou." I reply. He smiles and releases me.

    "Love you, too, darling. And keep him in check." Louis responds, pointing to Harry. Harry sticks his tongue out at Louis. I giggle and nod.

    "I will." I respond.

    "Alright, we'd better get going." Harry says glancing at his watch.

    "Let me help you load the car." Louis says, following us out. They put our suitcases in the trunk of the car and hug one more time.

    "I love you, boo." Harry says.

    "I love you, too, pumpkin. And I'm serious. Drive safe." Louis repeats. Harry nods and pulls out of the hug.

    "I will." Harry says. I hug Louis one last time.